• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SHNF workday trail cleanup west side

Buelligan

Inactive Member
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Last Name
Faulk
TWT, we are going to be cleaning the trails on the west side of the SHNF on 1/10/15 at 8:30am Saturday morning at the west side trailhead located off Stubblefield rd on FS 208. Need as many people to help volunteer to clear trails as possible so if you can, please consider helping us on the 10th of January. ODODB and TRH have committed to getting this done, but the more people that show up the faster and better we can make the riding out there.
3 of us went out today and cut out 15 trees from the balloon loop, but much more is needed.

Please let us know if you can attend.

thanks, Larry / Buelligan

great, looking forward to this.
am in too !

I will be there again. Looking forward to being out there when it is not swamp humid and hot. :)

Think we're up to 18 signed up with ODODB, not sure how many TRH members are coming out yet.

Perhaps GHORBA would be interested in pitching in too? I am working that day, unfortunately :(

Last edited:
I should be able to make it out for this one too. Can't wait to exact some revenge on those vines & limb snags, with my bull loppers! :trust:

We've been growing more vines out there just for you Donny, we know they seek you out.

I'm on the way over now, but won't make it there until around 10 am. Will try to catch up if no one is still at the trail head.

I'm on the way over now, but won't make it there until around 10 am. Will try to catch up if no one is still at the trail head.

Mark Tracey will be there at 10 Donnie!!

just got off the phone with him there going to wait for you !!!:rider:
be safe having fun for me .

iam organizing my routes for Sunday`s dirt roads aarp ride you ought to come out and eat with us Donnie?

Week from next Saturday will be our clean the trails day in the SHNF, anyone elso going to make it?

I will be there with my trusty machete. I aim to be the top vine slayer of the group. :trust:

Glad to see you using the machete this time Donny, thought for a moment you might try using your handlebars again, but that seems much tougher on the body that way.....Glad you going to join us for sure, thanks.

greater houston off road bicycling association

No worries guys, we'll fix the multi-use trails for the bicyclist, hikers, equestrians, and those couch potato dirt riders too. Real Dirt bike riders are the greatest, right guys?

Any more helpers from TWT to work trails next Saturday morning at 8:30 at the west side trailhead? We're fixin' lunch for the volunteers (bring your own drink), but need you to sign in so we can get a headcount.

Thanks Girard and RG for signing up on TWT, all others that have signed up on ODODB site, thanks too. we are at 25 so far not counting TRH members that may come out.

Lots of trails need attention guys, please help if you can.

Larry

Thank you for setting this up Larry.

I'll bring my bad boy weed wacker with a saw blade. Great for clearing brush.

FYI guys, the workday is going on as planned no matter what the weather throws at us. Jason from the forestry service says he will be there no matter what.

Back