• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Prayer Requests for My Co-Worker/Friend Joe

Reaction score
First Name
Kim
One of the guys I work with was badly burned in a grill accident and has sustained 2nd and 3rd degree burns on his arms, chest and neck. I am requesting a few prayers be sent his way at the BICU at Parkland in Dallas.

Joe had an accident with a charcoal grill on Sunday resulting in 2nd and 3rd degree burns on his chest, arms and lower neck. He is currently in the burn ICU at Parkland hospital in Dallas. He is awake and able to communicate with his family and requested that we be informed. As of last night his wife had no additional information to share.

Latest update...

His boss spoke with Janice (Joe's Wife) on Sunday afternoon concerning Joe’s condition. He is doing well after a skin graft surgery on Friday to repair damage to his left arm. Sharen was able to visit on Saturday and found him watching TV and quite willing to visit.

Janice told me he would welcome visits by his co-workers. They are limited to ½ hour periods every 2 to 3 hours with no more than 2 people at a time and no more than 4 in a single period.

Joe is one of our nicest co-workers in the IT department and he actually did the "Walk Across Texas" event with me 2 times (he was on the team I captained) and completed his 800 miles in 8 weeks both times. He is very physically fit-oriented and I know it's probably killing him that he is stuck in a bed and can't go run and work out.

Thank you in advance for all the thoughts and prayers during Joe's recovery :-)

I hope he is doing well. The itching has to be driving him crazy!! I wonder if they can give him something for that? I had a few good burns when I was a youngster and that drove me bonkers...

Back