• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Budget ADV bike coming soon?

M38A1

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Looks like a small displacement (250cc) ADV type bike is headed to the US with an MSRP of $3495....

Source:
https://autos.yahoo.com/news/epa-approves-cscs-3-000-160150190.html

"The CSC Cyclone has a 250CC liquid cooled, fuel injected, and counter balanced motor with a 6-speed, adjustable suspension, and a set of hard luggage standard. They even come with engine guards and a 2 year warranty!"

i-95fcBtk-XL.jpg

Last edited:
It's going to be interesting to see how the market accepts the bike and how well it holds up. Gotta say though, that if they can get a reliable and reasonably powerful ADV bike in for under $5k it might well be a game changer.

Honda CRF250L $4995!
It is a game changer!
That one has been out for a couple years

Very interesting. At price I could have an adventure bike I'm not scared to drop. Could be a lot of fun.

Very interesting. I could have darn near bought three of these for what I've spent on Tdub2. (267cc, 6 speed, EFI adventure bike based on a TW200.)

Theres a lot of talk about this motorcycle. The importer posts regularly on Adventure Rider. its being marketed as a higher quality Chinese bike and they already made some changes based on input from riders(like upgrading the small rear wheell to a bigger size).

I like what they're doing.

Theres a lot of talk about this motorcycle. The importer posts regularly on Adventure Rider. its being marketed as a higher quality Chinese bike and they already made some changes based on input from riders(like upgrading the small rear wheell to a bigger size).

I like what they're doing.

Higher quality does not mean high quality:chug:

I'm not ready to sell the Beemers, but for the price point I'd give one a shot as a round the farm bike. As for quality, time will tell if this will compare to other brands. The Chinese can make a quality product though. My clients sell a lot of Chinese made business machines and supplied from HP, Brothers, Canon, etc. without a huge defect rate. I suspect it may depend on who set the QC standards.

Honda CRF250L $4995!
It is a game changer!
That one has been out for a couple years

But add racks, hard cases and engine guards and you're now over $6,000 vs $3,500. Interesting to note also is the CRF250L is made in Thailand not Japan. Nothing wrong with that but just shows how global manufacturing and assembly is changing for bikes now like other industries did long ago.

I remember somebody on the forum here stating they have deposits down for a his and her pair of these bikes so hopefully we can get an early review on it.

_

Very interesting. I could have darn near bought three of these for what I've spent on Tdub2. (267cc, 6 speed, EFI adventure bike based on a TW200.)

Exactly what I was thinking...well almost. I notice they are also offering a cool looking retro remake of the old Mustang which also incorporates that same motor. I would like to approach them about creating a rear sprung dirt compatible hybrid version of this wide tired bike. If done right, this would be the cats meow for a pit bike, plus be a great trail basher & milk run bike. Would still have that low slung & wide tired Sherman tank feel, But with a 250cc 6 speed, it should have more get up & scat than the old Tdub. I am seriously thinking about trying to bend Steve Seidners ear on the subject next time I visit the Golden State.

I would love to see a picture of your Tdub2 adventure bike. Sounds like fun! Better yet, I would really like to see it in action out on the trails. I have spent many an hour thinking about what a great economy dual sport bike this COULD be, if it weren't quite so anemic in the power, top speed, suspension, & braking departments.

Interesting year long report from My China Moto on the Zongshen RX3. I get the feeling that if a rider who can keep an elderly BSA running or has the gumption to make a trail side repair on an engine side cover with J-B Weld Steel Stick, this bike will not leave them stranded. The folks that take their bikes in for minor stuff like oil changes or tires may need to consider something else. Whatever the case don't power wash it!

Zongshen RX3 Report

One interesting comment late in the thread discusses problems with "Western manufacturers" like Kawasaki, Suzuki and BMW. Okay, maybe my idea of Western is different...

Anyway, enthusiasm is not dampened. I didn't expect it to be a Super Tenere, but if I do buy a Chinese bike any time soon it is going to be the most simple model they make.

Interesting year long report from My China Moto on the Zongshen RX3. I get the feeling that if a rider who can keep an elderly BSA running or has the gumption to make a trail side repair on an engine side cover with J-B Weld Steel Stick, this bike will not leave them stranded. The folks that take their bikes in for minor stuff like oil changes or tires may need to consider something else.

so this is not a bike for Americans?

the crf250l is a global bike and the owners manual list maintenance procedures and trouble shooting steps and it comes with a tool kit sufficient to do those task.

the American version comes with two Allen wrenches, a fuse puller and a sponge. the manual says "take to dealer" for any fault and any maintenance procedure.

the only thing it tells you how to do is check and replace fuses, and that requires the two allen wrenches and the fuse puller and the sponge is for mopping the sweat from your brow from doing this hard task.

kinda made me mad but I deal with those people daily so I cant blame Honda for telling people to just take the bike to the dealer.

There is a 450 dirt and dual sport bike currently for sale here now.
Rebadged Honda crf450
Cleveland motor works or cycle works

Hmm will be interesting. Weight puts it in KLR territory, but with 14 less hp and 16 lbs less torque. If they were to bump up the price and drop some of the weight or up the power a tad it may be a winner. Let's see what people come up with. A price that low, there is lots of farkle room.

If this is a hit and they create something to fill the 400cc power gap, they would likely have me as a customer.

In the 60s Toyotas and Datsuns were the objects of ridicule and supposedly unreliable junkers which would never sell here. In the 80s it was Hyundais. 90s it was Kias.

Remember when all Japanese motorcycles were "Jap Crap"?

This could be the next step in Chinese motorcycle evolution. Not saying it is going to be perfect, but it is better equipped than my WR in may ways and way less expensive. I for one will be watching to see how they hold up, how the dealer network unfolds, and how available parts are. Taking feedback to change the wheel size is a good indicator that they are listening to the potential customers. Always a good sign.

Back