• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Cold hands? OBR ADV Gear Enduro ¾ Grip Mitt

SilverBullet

never slow down...you never grow old
Reaction score
Quick and easy solution for bikes that already have handguards. They velcro attach in minutes and stay put even at highway speeds. Installed them and did a 1,200 mile ride FL to TX without an issue, even proved themselves secure at triple digit speeds (theoretical of course). Couple these with heated grips and you'll be using summer gloves year round. Quality is excellent and they look decent on your bike also, not gaudy like the Hippo Hands. They are also not restrictive at all. I can easily take my hands off the bars and reinsert without looking. They allow enough upper movement of your wrist/arm for proper standing position as well.

Website here, lots of other nice looking products but haven't tried anything else yet.
http://www.obradvgear.com/index.php/products/enduro-grip-mitt

Their webstore ordering process is clunky so I recommend purchasing from their Ebay store as pricing is the same.
[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/271744495939?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2661&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT"]Obr Adv Gear Enduro 3 4 Grip Mitts Handle Bar Covers Dual Sport Luggage | eBay[/ame]

Photo of them installed. The piping on the front is reflective. These will move quickly from the S10 to the Husky to the KTM as needed.

20150117_134633_zpsnmfsowpx.jpg

_

So how are they working on these cold days?

Did great considering no heated grips yet. I rode highway speeds at night with ambient temp down in the 40's. My hands were cold but manageable. Without these no way I could have rode. With heated grips they will turn into nice little toasty enclosures.

_

Thanks SB!! I have thought about getting the Hippo hands over the years, but they were just too huge. With these, heated grips and electric vest I should be good into the thirties.:rider: Hopefully mine will be here in time for the Pie Run next week.

Thanks SB!! I have thought about getting the Hippo hands over the years, but they were just too huge. With these, heated grips and electric vest I should be good into the thirties.:rider: Hopefully mine will be here in time for the Pie Run next week.
Agreed Hippo Hands are huge and restrictive IMO and also they no longer make their dual sport version that fits over handguards.

I ordered my set on a Saturday night, they shipped out Monday and I received on Wednesday.

_

Ordered mine on Friday and they were in the mail Monday morning! :clap:
I've ridden 850 miles this week and they really help ... Nothing below 50 yet but I'm convinced they are really going to help in cold and rainy situations.

I don't know if I'll need them this year, but every year there is a day or two I wish I had them and since I don't order them when it is warm I don't have them. So I bit the bullet and ordered these. I'll report up how they work on my GSA. It has Cycra hand guards so they ought to fit.

Still air is worth quite a bit of warmth. I wonder if you could drape something down the backside for better heat entrapment.

I don't know if I'll need them this year, but every year there is a day or two I wish I had them and since I don't order them when it is warm I don't have them...

Exactly, be prepared. Another way to look at it is you do need them still this year. Put them on and leave them on and reduce your glove needs instead. I really hate to use winter gloves as it takes away from control feel and actually increases my reaction time slightly. I feel much safer riding with summer gloves.

_

Ordered off ebay store front. Got them much faster than the estimated shipping. Used them on Wednesday and they worked great. Just before the warm weather. So now I'm prepared for next winter.

thanks for posting that up.

...Used them on Wednesday and they worked great. Just before the warm weather. So now I'm prepared for next winter.

I left mine on, plenty of cold temps still to make use of them. Leaving in an hour and will be riding 150 miles before the sun even comes up. Current temp is 38 degrees, wouldn't be too comfy doing that without these.

Don't you love how easy they go on and off? And still very secure even at high speeds with minimal deflection. It's one of those purchases that I'll never ever regret. Up there with Rok straps and Pivot Pegz.

_

Thanks for the info David. I am ordering a pair myself. I have heated grips on the Tiger and I am excited to see how the combo holds up.

+1 on the Rok straps. One thing I need to do is wrap something on the clutch and brake levers. Since I can use thinner gloves now, the levers make my fingers cold. Only an issue in traffic. I'm thinking heat shrink tubing maybe

Do you think they will fit over my Barkbuster Storms?

Size wise, yes. I don't know if the single side support would be strong enough. If you were closer, I'd say "come try mine", but that is a long trip for a short test.

+1 on the Rok straps. One thing I need to do is wrap something on the clutch and brake levers. Since I can use thinner gloves now, the levers make my fingers cold. Only an issue in traffic. I'm thinking heat shrink tubing maybe

These work very well. Give you a good grippy feel even in the rain.
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Pro-Grip-Lever-Covers-Model-480/dp/B000WJC2IC"]http://www.amazon.com/Pro-Grip-Lever-Covers-Model-480/dp/B000WJC2IC[/ame]

_

Attachments

• 61gf1tR+OEL._SX466_.jpg
    61gf1tR+OEL._SX466_.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 151
Back