• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hey ladies! Show me your pants!

d2mini

Reaction score
I need pants suggestions for my wife. Normally I'm trying to get her out of them, but since that seems futile most of the time anyway :-P I might as well get her some good riding pants.
So I want to hear your suggestions (she's a passenger only if that makes a diff). Looking for your favorite pants, comfort being a priority. I'd also like to know how sizing runs for that particular pant and also links/pics would be helpful so I can show her.

Thanks! :sun:

I have the Joe Rocket pants "Cleo" style, which is the new style. The style "Phoenix" before that was just a bit too bulky for me. The Cleo look a bit more feminine in my opinion and are cut perfect for me. They have CE-rated knee pads which I really liked about them plus the look.

They fit just like they look in the picture, normal waist and feminine thighs.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/item.aspx?style=20204&department=123&Division=1#

They are considered overpants and run the size of her regular pants. If she is a 6-8, she can try medium, 10 - 12 try large. They also come in x-large.

The Joe Rocket are mesh and I can wear them over jeans, shorts or work pants or on rides, I usually wear them solo with no other pants underneath. They have buttons on the belt line that let you adjust the size depending on what you wear underneath.

I don't know where you are located at but I got mine from Peter and Honda of Houston on WestRd/Hwy290 after trying out several pants for weeks.

Faylaricia said:
I don't know where you are located at but I got mine from Peter and Honda of Houston on WestRd/Hwy290 after trying out several pants for weeks.

Big :thumb: for Peter at HoH. He is a pleasure to work with. Great guy to talk to about anything including all the gear they have there.

Cool, thanks. How's that black feel in the texas heat?
And not to get too personal but I don't know anything about "overpants"... do you wear anything under those? I know that's the point, but in the summer I can't see wearing two pairs of pants. :doh:

Also, if you guys can ask your favorite girl passenger her opinion and report back it would be much appreciated! :popcorn:

So is peter the tall skinny guy with the accent?

Look at Olympia also. They have women specific mesh pants with a removable rain/wind liner. The good thing is the side zipper finishes about 4 to 5 inchs from the bottom of the pant leg. This allows them to be tailored to length. The last 4 to 5 inches seal up with velcro.

d2mini said:
And not to get too personal but I don't know anything about "overpants"... do you wear anything under those? I know that's the point, but in the summer I can't see wearing two pairs of pants. :doh:

You don't HAVE to wear pants under the overpants...you can just wear them as pants, or put some shorts on....;-)

wonder91178 said:
You don't HAVE to wear pants under the overpants...you can just wear them as pants, or put some shorts on....;-)

My overpants are not mesh, but I like the fact that it's my choice what (if anything) to put underneath. If it's hot, a pair of wicking (UA-type) bicycle pants. In the winter, thermals and carefully planned layers can get my down into about the lowest temps I'd like to be on the road for.

d2mini said:
Cool, thanks. How's that black feel in the texas heat?

"Overpants" means that the pants are designed to be worn over regular clothes but as practice shows, they don't have to.

The black doesn't bother me much because the wind feels good and keeps cool. The mesh is very useful in the summer.

fyi -The Cleo are only water repellent around the bottom but not waterproof.

Depending on what kind of riding you do, you may want to look at waterproof pants but the problem with that is that most are designed for winter and are usually a little bit thicker.

Squeaky said:
My overpants are not mesh, but I like the fact that it's my choice what (if anything) to put underneath. If it's hot, a pair of wicking (UA-type) bicycle pants. In the winter, thermals and carefully planned layers can get my down into about the lowest temps I'd like to be on the road for.

Yuppers...that's what I'm sayin' :mrgreen:

I did have a pair of JR Alter Ego pants in my future....but I'll wait til I get a new bike then get some pants :trust:

I wear the Olympia AirGlide Mesh and think they are great. They have a liner that makes winter riding very do-able. They fit true to size and I got mine from Moto Liberty in Dallas (they are currently on clearance): https://www.motoliberty.com/prod_detail.asp?Prod_ID=197
Under mine I wear padded mositure-wicking riding shorts I bought from Cycle Gear On-line (Sorry, can't find the specific web address). For me, this combination is great. We rode 200+ miles on Sunday am with no problems. Good luck!

I've been looking for the Cleo pants in the DFW area for my lovely wife without any success. I've found plenty of jackets, but no pants.

Any ideas?

Dennis - Midlothian, TX
99 BMW R1100RT

"You know you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise your body can't fill."
Lowell George - Little Feat

Shiny Side Up said:
I've been looking for the Cleo pants in the DFW area for my lovely wife without any success. I've found plenty of jackets, but no pants.

Any ideas?

Dennis - Midlothian, TX

If you want to try mail order www.Newenough.com has them listed.
Just a thought.:shrug: :)

Shiny Side Up said:

Any ideas?

Dennis - Midlothian, TX
99 BMW R1100RT

I really haven't seen much in the way of womens gear in the area.

I"ll add a +1 for NewEnough. great service! :thumb:

Welcome to the board!

Here's an interesting pair. May be a little too pink! :rofl:

100_0976a1.jpg

Shiny Side Up said:
Moto-Liberty on I35E at Royal Lane has the best selection of Ladies' gear of anyone in the DFW area. My wife has gotten several things there that were not available anywhere else.

+1 for MotoLiberty
+1 for Olympia AirGlide (jacket and/or pants!)

I always have moisture-wicking long pants under MC pants... I cannot STAND pants or pant-liner stuff to stick to me. Gross.

Hood Ornament said:
Here's an interesting pair. May be a little too pink! :rofl:

I keep pestering my female friends that they need to get that outfit. though they would be smarter then to wear donkey-less chaps w/o anything underneath :eek2:

isn't your rear one of the most common places to slide on? :scratch:

I go with the Cleo pants options. One of my friends has them and she even feel off while her bf did a wheelie @ about 20-25 mph, the pants did a pretty good job.

But then again she had all the gear on, including the neck brace.

I really like the FirstGear HT Air mesh overpants. They have a liner for riding in the rain or cooler temps. Wear comfortable shorts under them. NewEnough had them on closeout recently, they may still be there.

Back