• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Red Wing and FRYE Motorcycle Boots

DaveC

Reaction score
First Name
David
Last Name
Carter
:rider:
I just got these and a few months of riding and daily wear I well let you know how they stand up.
969.jpg

I also got a pair of work boots but i am going to need to take a picture as they are not on the Red Wing site. They are steel toed , Kevlar 11 inch boots. I wore them yesterday and the plus is VERY heat friendly, they breathe and insulate. Minus they are BIG, as in they are hard to get under the toe shifter, if I had a heel toe set up they would be great. All day comfort.
They have a pair that have studs up the side, I like them but with your pant leg over the top who can tell:ponder:
Some of us daily riders need boots that we have to wear all day, I have always worn good cowboy boots, bull hide is by far the best leather to date.
I do not recommend The FRYE harness boots, the buckle on mine was made of pot metal and the first pallet I brushed by tore it off:huh2: :angryfire I found you could bend the buckle with your fingers. They would not repair them or even offer to send me a replacement buckle:thpt: They look like this
87250BLK.jpg

I well take picture of my FRYE boots as the look after a year of daily use.

Don't know how well those hold up but my guess would be a Loooong time. I have a pair of Redwing "frat" pull-on boots that I bought back in '83 that I'm still wearing/riding. Just got them resoled again a few months ago. :thumb:

Back