• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pro Cycles of Houston

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Pro Cycles Of Houston
Address: 6131 Pinemont Dr # F,
Houston, TX 77092
Phone: (713) 957-4540

This shop is run by two guys (Al and Jay) who only work on Japanese bikes.

When I got a nail in my rear tire, I looked all around town and was told to replace the tire. The price range I was given was anywhere from $160 - 200 from various shops.

I found Al at Pro Cycles while looking in the Yellow Pages on Yahoo. He suggested a tube and charged me $40.00 total. The second time I got a nail (a few days later), he only charged me $25.00. I have taken my bike to them several times, never once did I have a problem.

I highly recommend these guys. They do not have bikes for sale, but they can service your bike and get parts for you at a reasonable price.

Chris :chug:

Howdy,

:tab Now that is a new one on me :-? I have never heard of anyone putting a tube in a tubeless tire as a repair for a sportbike. I have seen it done on dual-sport bikes. Was this intended as a permanent repair for the tire? Generally, a plug or internal patch is all that is needed. If the hole is in the sidewall of the tire, I would replace the tire even if it is relatively new. Oh, and I plug/patch for free ;-)

Adios,

I took my bike there after a wreck and got it fixed. Turn around time was not bad but I don't think they did a good job at looking to see what all was wrong with the bike. I think they just put on the parts(i.e. head lights, fairings, rims, forks, ect.) and was done with it. A few weeks later I found out that I had a dent radiator that needed replacing. They should have found this out when they were fixing my bike. :angryfir: I'll probably never go back there again. :-(

Tourmeister said:
Howdy,

:tab Now that is a new one on me :-? I have never heard of anyone putting a tube in a tubeless tire as a repair for a sportbike.

It was my understanding that this is bad idea. Sportbike tires are already made to heat up faster and run hotter than other bike tires. Putting a tube in the tire will only make this more evident, and cause the tire to break down faster. There is probably a reason that all the other shops said to replace the tire. :shrug: IMO

Tourmeister said:
Howdy,

:tab Now that is a new one on me :-? I have never heard of anyone putting a tube in a tubeless tire as a repair for a sportbike. I have seen it done on dual-sport bikes. Was this intended as a permanent repair for the tire? Generally, a plug or internal patch is all that is needed. If the hole is in the sidewall of the tire, I would replace the tire even if it is relatively new. Oh, and I plug/patch for free ;-)

Adios,

I've seen it done on bikes, cars, trucks and basically any kind of tire. Not for a sportbike specifically, but I see no real reason why not to do it other than a patch would probably work better.

Back