• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Sold: Suzuki GS500F/E $1400

Re: FS: Suzuki GS500F/E $1400

I wish I could convince a new wanna-be rider to go this route. Instead she bought a brand new Harley 883 - - - even before passing (which she did not) the M/C safety course. :doh:

It kills me that dealers will sell a street machine to someone that hasn't proven they can even ride but enough of that.... Good Luck With The Sale!!!

These are FANTASTIC starter bikes!

The seat height is very reasonable, even for the inseam challenged. Clutch and brake levers are really cheap for these. A set of case guards can be had for less than $100 and they do a great job of protecting the engine. The bike makes enough power to have fun and run at highway speeds, yet it is not intimidating at all. Even after learning on the bike and maybe dropping it a few times, you can usually sell it for pretty much what you paid for it.

About the only negative for these bikes is the soft fork springs which allows a good bit of dive under braking. However, that is only a minor negative because it is easily and inexpensively remedied with new springs and slightly heavier fork oil.

Snoopster started her riding career on one of these bikes and even toured Colorado with us. The rest of us were on sport touring bikes or other larger bikes and she had no trouble hanging with us.

I wish I could convince a new wanna-be rider to go this route. Instead she bought a brand new Harley 883 - - - even before passing (which she did not) the M/C safety course. :doh:

It kills me that dealers will sell a street machine to someone that hasn't proven they can even ride but enough of that.... Good Luck With The Sale!!!

Do they allow a free retest? IIRC the class wasn't cheap, and unless you had a strict instructor, was pretty hard to fail.

Bike has served me well. Only downside for this bike is the horrible paint job the previous owner did. I was going to repaint it, but I don't think i'll get and more for it.
Took it to Big Bend last year and had a great time
P1010674_zps41c9dff9.jpg

Do they allow a free retest? IIRC the class wasn't cheap, and unless you had a strict instructor, was pretty hard to fail.

Bike has served me well. Only downside for this bike is the horrible paint job the previous owner did. I was going to repaint it, but I don't think i'll get and more for it.
Took it to Big Bend last year and had a great time
P1010674_zps41c9dff9.jpg

look at that road:drool:

Still available. Would also consider trading for some firearms. Looking for a 20 or 12ga home defense shotgun and something along the lines of a mini-14

Back