• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Does 22 years old count as classic?

Reaction score
New to the forum. Posted a picture in my into thread but I thought I'd post one here too. I figure 22 years old and more rare by the day gets me into this section somehow. :rider:

My 93 VFR 750:

DSC00811.jpg

You said you have the rough plastics on it now.... What color at the good ones and are they in great shape?

We've had several members with those over the years. They always seem to bring a smile when seen in person.

The rough plastic is the busted white stuff. I managed to find a dealership cleaning out some inventory and got a few new in box white pieces to replace the worst bits. I'm still looking for more, it's hard to come by at a decent price anymore.

Nice looking bike. Welcome to the forum.

I've heard/read that the official designation of "classic" for motorcycles (and cars also, I think) is 25 years and older. Yours has a few more years to go, but it's a beaut!

BTW, welcome to the TWT!

Last edited:
I've heard/read that the official designation of "classic" for motorcycles (and cars also, I think) is 25 years and older. Yours has a few more years to go, but it's a beaut!

BTW, welcome to the TWT!

We'll call it a project then. Cause even at just 22 instead of 25, there's always something to be done on it. :thpt: ;)

If you are looking for a definition then CCCA for cars are such that anything 30 to 49 is considered classic, and then 50 to 99 is considered pre-antique. Not sure how that carries over to motorcycles, but once you go off the text book definition of what is or isn't a classic, antique, or vintage, I have always kind of used the earmark of 20 to 25 years for something being a classic (considering what it is), and then after about 50 it is considered an antique, especially considering motorcycles have only been around about 130 years, compared to antique furniture, which has been around for a few hundred.

Back