• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Honda fuel system help

pdef

Reaction score
First Name
Philip
Ok, so after getting my bike looking semi reasonable, it now won't start. It's not the battery or electrical as I have tested that every way possible. Tonight I broke down the VFR all the way to the engine heads. I checked the throttle bodies, injectors, and the fuel lines, and everything seems peachy.

The service manual says my likely problems are:
-Clogged Fuel Filter
-Pressure Regulator
-Fuel Pump

I took the pump and filter out of the tank and don't know where to go from there. I don't know how to test each individual piece to see which one is faulty.

I am pretty sure in my accident that the bike went end over end. Could this have messed up the pump any to cease functioning? Right now I am at a loss and dont know my next step. I am going to go by my local dealer tomorrow and ask them for advice, but if any of you VFR gurus out there have any suggestions, I am open. Thanks ahead of time.

:tab You might want to take this problem to the VFR mailing list. There are thousands of members riding VFRs, many that have far superior knowldge of VFR's than mine (which is not hard). Here's the link:

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~john/vfr-list/

I know this will sound nuts. When the bike flips or tips over and the tip sensor kills the engine, the sensor has to be reset. This is done by turning the key ignition on, then flipping the kill switch on the right handle bar off and back on. It is a long shot, but if this was never done since the wreck, it could be the culprit. ;-) Let's hope so.

Adios,

Back