• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

After Pie Dirt Run w/ pictures

dbdolan

Inactive Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Dolan
It was good to see everyone at the pie run in Conroe. After Pie we took off to find dirt roads, Tourmeister sent me a route of a dual sport run that was North East of Huntsville. We only did half of the route and a total of 240 miles from my house to pie, to dirt, and back home. It was good riding with Desmo and James Cain, we had a blast and the county roads got really fun and slick due to the showers.
NEdsmap1.jpg

It was a little toasty outside after leaving the pie run but as soon as we got up to Lovelady it cooled down a bit due to the scattered T-storms.
DS-PieRun6-24-06002.jpg

We ran across some really cool dirt roads and a few were real sandy.
DS-PieRun6-24-06003.jpg

DS-PieRun6-24-06004.jpg

DS-PieRun6-24-06005.jpg

DS-PieRun6-24-06006.jpg

DS-PieRun6-24-06007.jpg

DS-PieRun6-24-06009.jpg

DS-PieRun6-24-06010.jpg

DS-PieRun6-24-06011.jpg

DS-PieRun6-24-06012.jpg

DS-PieRun6-24-06014.jpg

DS-PieRun6-24-06015.jpg

DS-PieRun6-24-06017.jpg

DS-PieRun6-24-06018.jpg

DS-PieRun6-24-06019.jpg

DS-PieRun6-24-06020.jpg

DS-PieRun6-24-06021.jpg

DS-PieRun6-24-06022.jpg

Road block....this 18 wheeler was stuck, so we had to go and find him help.
DS-PieRun6-24-06023.jpg

DS-PieRun6-24-06024.jpg

DS-PieRun6-24-06025.jpg

DS-PieRun6-24-06026.jpg

DS-PieRun6-24-06027.jpg

DS-PieRun6-24-06028.jpg

DS-PieRun6-24-06029.jpg

DS-PieRun6-24-06030.jpg

DS-PieRun6-24-06031.jpg

DS-PieRun6-24-06032.jpg

Very nice! I do have one question. Since when did the Power Rangers (Red, Silver, and Black) start wearing blue jeans?:rofl: :rofl:

Looks like fun! I wish I could have gone. I wound up heading home and having to work all evening anyway :roll:

jhansen said:
Very nice! I do have one question. Since when did the Power Rangers (Red, Silver, and Black) start wearing blue jeans?:rofl: :rofl:
Alright Jeff you sound like my wife, everytime I put on my gear I can hear her sing.....go go power rangers....:lol2:

Tourmeister said:
Looks like fun! I wish I could have gone. I wound up heading home and having to work all evening anyway :roll:
Wished you would have gone, we were just behind the rain so the roads became really muddy and slick. We did find the bridge where Bagwell rode down into the creek and had trouble getting back out.:rider: Or maybe not...those bridges all look the same.

Diff bridge. The one you are thinking of was on one of the dead ends. The one in the pics came later in the day when it was just me and Bagwell after the others had bailed for home.

dbdolan said:
Alright Jeff you sound like my wife, everytime I put on my gear I can hear her sing.....go go power rangers....:lol2:

With my white boots my wife says I look like a reject from Star Wars. I figure they are my dancing boots for when me and KaTie M go dancing off road.......:mrgreen:

Looks like y'all had some fun but the bikes are too clean. :lol2:

Her are some more pictures of thee ride featuring power ranger action shots. Thanks to Bryan for the route!! :dude:

Attachments

• bridge.jpg
    bridge.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 202
  • creek.jpg
    creek.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 210
  • dbdolan_desmo.jpg
    dbdolan_desmo.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 200
  • dbdolan_peace.jpg
    dbdolan_peace.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 208
  • klr_cows.jpg
    klr_cows.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 208
james.cain said:
Man I am trying. I UL the pics but they do not appear???
Are you trying to "attach" them? If so, you need to make sure that they are within the size limits imposed by the forum software. It will tell you what is allowed based upon the file type.

If you can't figure it out you can always email them to me and I can add them to my Pie Run page.

Try resizing the photo's to 640 x 480( I use microsoft picture manager that comes with office), then go to photobucket.com and get a login for the free service. Upload your pics and then paste the IMG tag that it gives you into your post.
DSride2-11-06shirohtobedias012.jpg*

should look something like this but without the asteriks.
mmmmmmmm burgers.....
DSride2-11-06shirohtobedias012.jpg

it is almost time for another burger/dirt run to Shiro:rider:

Bryan and I decided to meet at 1488 and Honea-Egypt then head to Conroe for the TWT pie run. Another rider on a wicked sounding V-Max (Train460?) also showed up. He was sporting a mokawk on his helmet. While we were talking a group of about a dozen bikes went by. I recognized the leader as Squeaky and knew they must be headed to Conroe too. After a brief discussion, we decided to try to catch them. It wasn’t hard, they must have had some newbies along. After following Squeak’s motley crew and her apparent lack of direction (new GPS?), Mohawk guy took the lead and showed Bryan and I a neat shortcut to Lake Conroe, nice and curvy. We got to the pie place about 20 minutes before Squeaky and her gang.

We got to the pie place a little early, but it was soon packed with bikes and riders. Saw some old friends and met some new ones. After the pie, Bryan, James and I slabbed it to Huntsville, then onto Scott’s dirt GPS track. My pics look just like Bryan's, but from a different angle. This is the first rest stop before we found the mud.

20060824pierun200600144zk.jpg

20060824pierun200600131fj.jpg

We hit one county road that was little more than two ruts in the grass. We gassed up in Lovelady and notice the temperature dropped about ten degrees. After that, we soon found ourselves about 30 minutes behind a big rain shower. The roads were wet and slick but dust free. Bryan and I have DOT knobbies, but James was all over the place with his street tires. Note to self: don’t try street tires in the mud.

We got plenty wet and muddy, helped a logging trucker, and saw a few bridges. It was great riding with you guys and I hope we can do it again.

Steve

Back