• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Cycle Gear Trackside Paddock Stand

Bines

Reaction score
Today, I bought Trackside front and rear paddock stands from Cycle Gear. $60 each. Don't buy them for $120 each. CG puts stuff on sale in rotation or the "sale" price is really the normal price. It's what they do. There are also other options below $120 each. Pitbull though was $189 each. Heck yeah I went for the $60 each option with CG's return policy.

These Trackside stands are steel and welded together. They also make bolt together stands. I didn't get those because I didn't like the way the flat and spool brackets had to be swapped around and were held on by a set screw and cotter pin, respectively. The welded version I bought has both brackets as one piece and they are bolted down to the stand from the top. In addition to being, in my opinion, a better mount, this offers more width adjustment of the flat brackets. Both styles can be used with flat swing arms or spools.

The stands feel sturdy enough for regular moderate home use. I was able to easily lift the rear of my 2013 Honda NC700X. The stand held it rock steady. My bike has flat swing arms. The flat brackets have a hard plastic cube to protect the swing arms from scratches.

The only gripe I have is that the handle could be a few inches longer. It worked fine. Just a preference.

Bottom line, after one use, I'm happy with the purchase. We shall see how they hold up to repeated use.

I haven't used the front stand, yet.

Attachments

• 20150829_142057_resized.jpg
    20150829_142057_resized.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 1,409
Last edited:
I've got the same rear stand in the garage, used it once. Not bad, but not quite as sturdy as my vortex stands. The handle also slides in and out, which kind of gets it out of the way.

Back