• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Finally got my underwater camera

Reaction score
First Name
Larry
I have wanted an Underwater Camera just about as long as I've been in photography. My dream setup was a Nikonos with flash for my Scuba diving adventures to share photos of the undersea world. But I never got it, then later quit diving.

Throughout the years I found the need for an "all weather" camera for times and situations harmful to my expensive dSLRs. Boating, snorkeling, waterparks, pools, or the beach. Plus it would prove handy for picture taking on motorcycle rides. I decided digital was the way to go.

I sold a few lenses and am now the proud owner of a Fujifilm XP80 digital underwater camera. I'm very excited and hope to share many unique photos with y'all.

20150924_180904-1_zpsdtedop4r.jpg

Take more pics of the CB1100 please :-P

So, have you been getting into diving? Just curious why the desire for the underwater camera?

Years ago I was a Scuba Diver. We dove at Possum Kingdom Lake, Lake Travis, and Cozumel Mexico. When I married I lost interest in diving and gave it up.

I love to take photos wherever and whenever. So I bought the UW camera for snorkeling, pool diving, water parks or the beach. I can see using it for rainy day pictures. Plus it's small and fits my jacket pocket.

I've tried underwater photography while snorkeling with mixed results.

Anytime the flash goes off, all I really get are reflections of bubbles. It was useless in Dos Ojos. Out where it was sunny, the results were better.

I don't recall the camera I have, but it's similar to yours.

Man, I totally read that wrong.... I thought it said underwear camera. I was looking for the *** factor....

Playing with the U/W Fuji today. This is what a sink stopper "sees". Under the water looking up at the surface. On the right is the water plunging down into the pool of water.

2015_0102_07355000-1_zpsulwixkj3.jpg

Here is a close crop of the bubbles.

2015_0102_07284700-1_zpsd1o90xig.jpg

Those are kind of interesting! Now, how about manually firing off a strobe behind the water or with a blue or colored gel? (ps: stick the whole speedlight in a ziplock bag first :deal:)

Great idea, Scott. The U/W camera just opens up more possibilities for interesting photos.

Back