• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Arlington Motorsports Arlington Texas

Wasabi

Reaction score
Arlington Motorsports
2501 Centennial Drive
Arlington, Tx 76011
817-695-1600

Buyer beware

First , I believe that we must support our local dealers to insure they can stay in business.

I ordered 2 Suzuki air filters for my 03 Vstrom over the phone from Arlington Motorsports in Arlington Texas, the price I was quoted was $ 47.00. This seemed reasonable because I had purchased an air filter from them in October for 27.00 , I considered this price to be a deal. I waited over three weeks for the filter to come in. When I went to pick up the filters I was told that these were special orders items and the price was 47.69 each. When I protested and asked them why the priced had doubled from my purchase in October their attitude was one of indifference (I’m being polite). I spoke to both he parts manager and the sales manager and nether seemed to care.

I can not recommend them for parts nor customer service.

Bottom line is I paid 95.38 for two air filters.

I’ll only be {messed with} once.

Other Air Cleaner prices

Ron Ayers is 27.83,
Suzuki West , Fort Worth Texas 28.99

Last edited by a moderator:
I would have left without the filters. The dealer made his full markup
and will fleece the next customer. Leave him holding goods he tries to
overcharge for, and send a letter or email to American Suzuki and complain. If you can purchase the same part from another dealer in the same area for a 20 dollar difference there is definate price gouging at the dealership

I refuse to buy simple parts like that from a dealer unless absolutely necessary. Sorry you had such an ordeal.

DEFINITELY BUYER BEWARE. I HATE going in there. I go in there for oil filters only. Their parts counter is run by incompetent young people that have NO CLUE. I special ordered a part there once and had to follow up three weeks later in the shop. They admitted to not ordering the part and took it off a part on a new bike on the showroom floor. I feel sorry for the shmuck that bought that bike.

Here's the latest report from there: A friend took his 05 Hayabusa in there for a new oil pan (don't ask). Anyway, he took it in there on Friday and got the bike back on Saturday. He'd arranged for quick service because A) he paid a lot of money to have the oil pan/gaskets, etc. overnighted) and B) he talked to one of the guys in the service department. So, he gets the bike back and it's leak free! EXCELLENT. He goes back out there on Sunday to prepare the bike for a week of riding and notices the radiator all beat to Hades and one fairing has had a Sharpie correction where they scratched the fairing on a sticker. NOT GOOD. He never called to take them up on the damages.

I hate the way they run things there. They cater to squids and have a few working there. If I'm taking my bike for any kind of work it goes to Cycle Center of Denton. I also order my parts from there.

So, to sum up. Arlington Motorsports {stinks}.

Cycle Center of Denton is great! It's well worth the drive.

I have to agree, they really do {stink}. I went in for the same thing, two air filters for my Warrior. I was told that they were 45.00 each for OEM filters. So I left, went online and bought 2 re-usable K&N's for $29 each. Now the only thing I ever go in there for is to sit on bikes.

BTW, for oil filters there is an Amsoil dealer about 1 block from Arl. Motorsports and they stock most filters for almost any motorcycle. And the prices are right about the same but for better filters.

Why did you buy the filters from them? Did you have to put a deposit down on them when they were ordered? They obviously were trying to rip you off. I would have just walked out the door.

terrebandit said:
Why did you buy the filters from them? Did you have to put a deposit down on them when they were ordered? They obviously were trying to rip you off. I would have just walked out the door.

Most of the local shops here require payment when you place the order.

Back