• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Motrax Tire Monitor

Mustang

My Email is Dead!
Reaction score
First Name
Grady
Last Name
Trew
Ok.. I'm into gadgets and this one caught my eye.

Anyone seen this, heard about it... does it work? Or am I just a supremely lazy rider?

The listing at cyclegear.com sounds rather interesting...

cyclegear.com said:
Easy to fit. Replaces existing dust cover. Improves safety. Lengthens tyre life. Optimises fuel consumption. Suitable for motorcycles, scooteers, cars, bicycles, vans, caravans, and so on. In order to travel Safely, it is essential to maintain the correct air pressure in your vehicle. Once EASY CONTROL valve caps have been fitten to your tyres, you can see at a glance whether the tyre is under inflated. EASY CONTROL valve caps totally remove the time consuming unwanted job of having to physically carry out the tyre pressure check task. EASY CONTROL is available in several different pack sizes and pressures in order to cope with vehicles that require different pressures in the front and rear tyres.
And they sell for $7.99 each.

Please correct me if I'm in need of it. *grins* I think I'll order a pair anyway and see what they are like.

Thanks for your input...

Mustang

According to Motorcyclist Magazine, they were highly inaccurate and they did not recommend them. There was also concern that they could cause leaks since the stem is always depressed to get the caps to read.

Howdy Mustang,

:tab Welcome to the site. I'm thinking the same thing as Txmedic. However, if you really like gadgets, I seem to recall a setup where pressure sensors are mounted to the inside of the rim. These sensors broadcast to a dash mounted display. So you can see exact tire pressure at any moment. They're used mostly in cars, but I don't know why you could not use them on a bike. But this way, the stem is not depressed all the time. I don't know of any brands or places to get them though. Maybe some of our internet search gurus can turn up something?

Adios,

Back