• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Highway Pegs?

Reaction score
Hi,

Ordered the Pat Walsh engine guard/skid/oil cooler guard for my DL650.

I want to get some highway pegs to mount on them. Anyone have a recommendation?

I'd like them to be all black, fold-in as much as possible, and have good grip.

I'll likely just go check the BMW and Harley Dealerships to see what they have in stock and will mount.

Checked Cyclegear yesterday and they had some cheapies that would prolly work just fine for only $7.. but they looked pretty cheesy. Was hoping to find something a little better.

skiphunt said:
Those look pretty cool, but I think the Pat Walsh engine guards have holes to mount pegs... so I don't think I need the clamp type. Thanks!

Those clamps are add on and cost extra. If you notice. the bolt going thru the clamp and into the peg post could go thru the guards instead.

-

bushwhacker said:
Those clamps are add on and cost extra. If you notice. the bolt going thru the clamp and into the peg post could go thru the guards instead.

-

Oh! Yikes! That's for the pegs alone? They're pretty proud of those little buggers. ;-)

I found these interesting for the Concours, but they would work on the Strom.

pegretrack.jpg

http://www.murphskits.com/pegs/pegs.htm

50370_04_M_1cad1.jpg

How can you resist these? :trust:

Although these are probably more sensible...
52651_85TA_M_8572.jpg

What about something simple and cheap like Randy had on his GS...

DSC02484.JPG
:mrgreen:

skiphunt said:
Oh! Yikes! That's for the pegs alone? They're pretty proud of those little buggers. ;-)
\

That's because they are vibration isolating pegs, the kind with the floating rubber pads.

-

Skip, please post pictures of the Pat Walsh setup when you get it installed. Thanks.

Squeaky said:
What about something simple and cheap like Randy had on his GS...

DSC02484.JPG
:mrgreen:

Heh! I think before I did that I'd just get those cheapy pegs from cyclegear for a paltry $7... plus, the cheapies fold up. :-)

bushwhacker said:
\

That's because they are vibration isolating pegs, the kind with the floating rubber pads.

-

I could see "vibration isolating" being of value on a Harley.. but on a strom? I've never had highway pegs before. Maybe I'll just toss the cheap set of cyclegear pegs on it for $7 and then evaluate what I really need. Thanks for the link though. Those definitely are the coolest looking I've seen.

Ninja 250 passenger pegs make good highway pegs. I have a set mounted on my front engine mount bolts on the fz1. You dont even notice them when they are folded up.
attachment.php

You can get them for $15 to $20 if you can find somebodey that is parting them out.

Back