• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Scoodic Point, Maine

that is so beautiful, and the sound of ocean crashing on the rocks. It wasn't bad in T, temps in mid 70's.

Nice shooting. Trying to put together a trip up that way for next summer, any good tips/tricks on visiting Acadia NP? (Tourist traps to avoid or must sees?)

Nice shooting. Trying to put together a trip up that way for next summer, any good tips/tricks on visiting Acadia NP? (Tourist traps to avoid or must sees?)

Stay in Ellsworth and make the 20 minute drive to the park. Hotels are 1/2 the cost. The park in ALWAYS crowded during summer between July 4th and Sept. Before the 4th is a bit less so.
Parking in Bar Harbor in horrible. Most of the LEO's on the island are young and like to write citations for even the smallest infraction. I actually got a ticket for going 32 in a 25.
Coolish mornings and evenings. Temp only hit 90 one day last summer. It doesn't really get what we think of as hot here.
Lots of great vistas to see that aren't in the Park proper. Highway 1 from Brunswick up to Machias is a great day trip. You'll most likely get caught behind a few pirate parades, but be patient and enjoy the scenery.
Beals Dock in Southwest Harbor has the best lobster rolls I've ever eaten.
Don't order BBQ anywhere in Maine. Never. Ever. :trust:
If you want to know any specifics, let me know.

Stay in Ellsworth and make the 20 minute drive to the park. Hotels are 1/2 the cost. The park in ALWAYS crowded during summer between July 4th and Sept. Before the 4th is a bit less so.
Parking in Bar Harbor in horrible. Most of the LEO's on the island are young and like to write citations for even the smallest infraction. I actually got a ticket for going 32 in a 25.
Coolish mornings and evenings. Temp only hit 90 one day last summer. It doesn't really get what we think of as hot here.
Lots of great vistas to see that aren't in the Park proper. Highway 1 from Brunswick up to Machias is a great day trip. You'll most likely get caught behind a few pirate parades, but be patient and enjoy the scenery.
Beals Dock in Southwest Harbor has the best lobster rolls I've ever eaten.
Don't order BBQ anywhere in Maine. Never. Ever. :trust:
If you want to know any specifics, let me know.

Much appreciated! If I have any other questions as it approaches, I will let you know. Thanks!

No stranger to Maine here as my parents and grand parents hailed from there. We used to visit the relatives up there most summers when growing up. If you are into sailing ships, you might want to check out going for a short tour on the Appledore II, it charters out of Camden. Also, don't miss going up to the summit there at Mount Battie State Park. The view is spectacular even by Maine Coastal standards.

Back