• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Little east Texas ramble.

thrill-billy85

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
So the weather was so awesome, and I've recently upgraded the suspension on the xrl, so I set out. Caught a dirt road out if Frankston, and away I went.

Dirt road to dirt road, bridge down, backtrack, just get lost. After about 2.5 hours of tooling around I see something ahead. A series of sheds, RVs, and metal buildings. Can-am banners, etc. Pull in, and its River Run ATV mudpark.

Lol. Don't threaten ME with a good time.

I pay the admission and set out. It's was deep sand, sticky loam, rocky steep hill climbs, and mud. Ohh my god the mud. Still was alot of fun. I rode fast, and didn't fall once. A first for me. I really like the suspension set up and settings I've got, and it leaves nothing to be desired.

Roads that got me there
IMG_20151222_145439783_zpsf790uhgn.jpg

River run--
IMG_20160125_124124456_zpsthggswuj.jpg

IMG_20160125_122302061_zps0q85vdz8.jpg

IMG_20160125_122545711_zpstxyix5kk.jpg

IMG_20160125_122238851_zpso2swcfpo.jpg

IMG_20160125_124208047_zpsv93y1qde.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the post. I wanna head up that way in a month or so.

Speak to me of that head light setup :ponder:

Those are rigid industries LED pods. 4 of them mounted on a custom metal bracket. The bracket also mounts the headlight shroud. It holds it up higher to account for both the lights, and the 2" bar risers.

The top two pods are flood pattern, and the bottom two are spot. Since there's two spot pods, I've got them spread out so it's a W I D E spot beam. I can run both flood and spot at the same time.

It turns night into day

Are you running the stock stator?

Yes, so I shy away from using both spot and flood at the same time.

The stock stator is rated at like 185 watts, so it's not a huge deal to run all at the same time, I don't think.

Either way, I tend to not ride at night, so really, other than legality purposes, and conspicuity during the day, it's all moot.

Either way, the pods (keep in mind, there are 2 pairs) are rated at 15.8 watts each (so 31.6 per set)

Each pod produces 1586 lumens each. (So 3172 lumens per pair).

Again, I run one set at a time, and that's normally (always) more than enough.

I think over 6300 lumens is probably overkill. But this is America. And I can.

Last edited:
I don't generally PLAN to be riding at night on my KTM 530 EXC, but... Somehow I seem to wind up out after dark on occasion when doing a trip on routes we've never explored before :shrug: So it is nice to be able to see if needed. I have a TrailTech Halogen X2 I think it is. Junk. Barely a step up from the worthless stock light.

I don't generally PLAN to be riding at night on my KTM 530 EXC, but... Somehow I seem to wind up out after dark on occasion when doing a trip on routes we've never explored before :shrug: So it is nice to be able to see if needed. I have a TrailTech Halogen X2 I think it is. Junk. Barely a step up from the worthless stock light.

Haven't yet mounted the mega-buck/lumen BD XL Pro I bought for the EXC last year, for the Baja500, and didn't need until closer to "The Day," when "we" would be pre-running in the dark; but b'man endo'd-out while pre-running (:tears: see pic of Max's shoulder - he goes in tomorrow, almost 11 months later, to find out about getting the junkyard bits outta there, fingers crossed!) so it's still in the/a box. Fixin' to start getting ready for DVNR, Sonora, and WARPED, should be rollin' West one month from tomorrow (unless a certain CenTX rider gets a Kitchen Pass, then I/we can leave later!) so it's about time to slap that sucka on and see if it's as good as the site said it oughta be. Eqpt Report/Eval to follow . . . . . sometime . . . . . maybe . . . . . unless I kill myself out there, ridin' places no ancient, creaky, unskilled dirt n00b oughta, at night, from hitting a big obstacle I should have seen, in which case you can draw your own conclusions. :rider:

Hey! You only go around once and I don't intend to check out thinking I missed something P H U N!!! :flip: So here's to you, Green Ripper! :nana::moon::dude:

Attachments

• Max's shoulder after surgery.jpg
    Max's shoulder after surgery.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:

I made the mistake of putting one of those on my drz400. That was a waste. I didn't like the way it looked either, so I sold it, bought the dimension dhh and was satisfied with the fact that it at least LOOKED okay.

Back