• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Inexpensive GPS unit?

You can pick up a Garmin Legend for ~$120 and it will do basic mapping along with route tracking...plus all the other basic GPS functions (trip computer, altitude, etc).

I use a Legend as my primary GPS and have never needed anything that it couldn't do.

I have a Garmin XL12 , stores tracks , shows speed , altitude ,heading , and other stuff . its yours for $ 100 bucks comes with 3 power cords and a homemade handlebar mount if you want it . 281 351 7339 SEYA

I got the Etrex Vista cause of the extra memory. Perfect for carrying on the bicycle or hiking too. Also use MapSource software.

I cannot use this GPS in map mode while moving, and that was intentional to avoid fixating on the device. If you have good eyes, you may be just fine with the small display.

Cagiva 549 said:
I have a Garmin XL12 , stores tracks , shows speed , altitude ,heading , and other stuff . its yours for $ 100 bucks comes with 3 power cords and a homemade handlebar mount if you want it . 281 351 7339 SEYA

WOW! I'd like to have that if possible.....can I pick it up in the early part of next week, if I am not jumping anyone in line....

Back