• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bill Dragoo Adv Rider School, After the ride

Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Collins
Phil, Carolyn and I had the opportunity to participate in the Bill Dragoo Adventure Rider School Sunday Monday and Tuesday. Bill is an accomplished rider and coach, and he has an excellent staff to assist. Sunday afternoon was a M&G with some door prizes and some bike looky-looky, some farkle touchy-touchy. Sunday night it was 28 degrees, I was super comfy in my new Big Agnes tent and 2 sleeping bags!!! Monday was class, all day, lots of good information. Bill coaches a energy saving, smart, reproach to riding so you can ride for days..weeks even!!!

Second day we got into DEEP sand, what a hoot!!!! We buried the back wheel until the bike was on the skid plate and learned how to get out. AND we got to ride in the deep sand for a couple of hours I truly enjoyed that part.

If you want to ride your GS, GSA,Tiger, any big bike then Bills class is the place to go. I highly recommend this school. I will spend a lot of time practicing the skills we learned this week. I plan on taking this course again, and will recommend, or take another group up to Oklahoma for the event,

The question may come to you!! Brad, As a coach why would you need to take the class. The first reason was I wanted to see what Bill had to offer, what his Coaching techniques were and what skills he taught. The second reason became very clear very fast...I needed this approach to riding, I needed the new skills I was learning, I needed to be a student!! Good School, Good Value especially on a big bike. I took lthe 690 because it is the biggest bike I own but these guys were doing things on the big BMWS. I was very impressed.

Brad, glad to hear that it's a great course. Your recommendation means a lot. Your recommendation means I need to go. How are you doing? Rumors are most riders went down once or twice.

Edit: I looked at the pictures of a 2015 class. Lots of challenges and opportunities to push my courage.

Last edited:
The question may come to you!! Brad, As a coach why would you need to take the class. The first reason was I wanted to see what Bill had to offer, what his Coaching techniques were and what skills he taught. The second reason became very clear very fast...I needed this approach to riding, I needed the new skills I was learning, I needed to be a student!! Good School, Good Value especially on a big bike. I took lthe 690 because it is the biggest bike I own but these guys were doing things on the big BMWS. I was very impressed.

Thanks for posting up.

This attitude of learning new skills it what makes taking Brad's class fun. I'm sure all your students will benefit from your taking of this class.

Hope to be taught by Bill or Brad someday.

Sent from my QMV7B using Tapatalk

It was a great class, made even better by the riding foundation I'd already gotten from Brad.

I had not heard of this class before your post tonight. Looks like a whole lot of fun and white knuckles and constant seat puckering.

This shot from his web page just gives me the heebeegeebees!!!!!!!!:giveup::giveup::giveup:

i-QBVkXd9-XL.jpg

I may try to go up again for the next class. May 1, 2, 3. I thought I would be going to Colorado that week but it has been moved to 17-18-20. Any one interested needs to get in touch with Bill, it is worth the time.

Brad, how many days of actual instruction was it and what was the cost?

Brad, how many days of actual instruction was it and what was the cost?

2 days, pretty jam packed plus a meet & greet day zero. Less than $300 including food. I couldn't make day 2 due to work commitments & Bill was kind enough to go slog through the sand part of the course with me before I left the 1st evening.

Awesome feedback! Bill is a good friend of mine and everything I've learned about moto I've learned from his guidance. I'm heading to his class in June and can't wait to learn and enhance new skills. If anyone else plans to attend this class or wants to attend another, send him an email at bill1dragoo@gmail.com. Tell him Frank from OX4 sent you. :)

Last edited:
My check for the May 2,3 class will be in the mail tomorrow. I will be taking the KLR because it's lighter than my Tenere (I've never picked it up by myself), has TKC 80's front and rear, and needs to be ridden. After all, people ride them to Egypt and back ;-)

The cost of this class is 3 times less than what you pay for the Raw Hyde school. It makes me wonder if there is something missing? I know Raw Hyde feeds you and provides lodging, but that couldn't be that expensive. Does anyone have the knowledge of both classes to comment on the level of training of each. If they are really close then I'm heading to Oklahoma with my tent! ;-)

Good to see so many interested. Carolyn and I camped at the park where Bill has his class, $10 per night. Bill will feed you Monday lunch and Tuesday lunch.
Two days of instruction, Bill was pretty glad we wanted to learn how to tow a bike..so we had a section on that. As with any clinic you can take it over and over and learn something new every time, just because there is so much to learn and practice. I thought the class was worth the effort and time, the time in the sand was worth the cost of the whole class. Class cost is $295.00

For those of you that Know Brian at Hidden Falls...I am taking him to Colorado so he can get his credentials from MSF to coach Dirt Bike!! My mentor is having a class so we can get Brian Certified, I may get to assist with this class and brush up my coaching skills as well. OH!!! the class is next to MOAB!!! We may be a little late getting home.

The cost of this class is 3 times less than what you pay for the Raw Hyde school....If they are really close then I'm heading to Oklahoma with my tent! ;-)

Pack your tent then. No I don't have knowledge of both but I don't see how you could cram anything more into 2 days.

Back