• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Beat the heat Labor Day preview report..

klrno2

Reaction score
First Name
Sandy
Scooterhose and I were scouting out some routes for our upcoming Labor Day ride (shameless plug), so we thought some of you might enjoy a preview of at least one of the rides we're planning.

Some great views are available...so don't forget your camera!
81860017-M-1.jpg

81860023-M.jpg

81860031-M.jpg

Plus...it's a whole lotta fun getting to some of those views...
81860021-M.jpg

81860019-M.jpg

See the switchbacks on the road in the distance?
81860009-M.jpg

Here's some shots on the way to and from those same switchbacks...
81860008-M.jpg

81860007-M.jpg

81860026-M.jpg

81859991-M.jpg

We rode on up into the cool of the mountains...higher elevations..

81860002-M.jpg

81859997-M.jpg

...to a pleasant rest spot, known as Roger's Ruins, but we can't find any ruins.
81859993-M.jpg

Getting ready to roll on home...
81859995-M.jpg

More to follow from tomorrow's ride, we'll try to get some example shots of the ATV trails we plan to include in the ride...stay tuned. :rider:

[hand over eyes]LA LA LA LA LA LA[/hands over eyes]

Tourmeister said:
[hand over eyes]LA LA LA LA LA LA[/hands over eyes]
Yep, Scott, don't look...

Wow, all these NM pictures (including Cycle Cat's) is even getting ME interested... :giveup:

Gilk51 said:
Yep, Scott, don't look...

Wow, all these NM pictures (including Cycle Cat's) is even getting ME interested... :giveup:

Yep, I agree ... Scott, I would just put Sandy in your ignore que for a while ... :trust:

headed for new mezico friday and on to lake city would love to know where the pics were taken.
Thanks ,Griffin

griffin515 said:
headed for new mezico friday and on to lake city would love to know where the pics were taken.
Thanks ,Griffin

Around the Cloudcroft/High Rolls area and overlooking Alamogordo. Lincoln National Forest service roads and ATV trails.

Back