• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Finally back on a DS!

Reaction score
Well, after a 2 year hiatus from riding a DS, I'm finally back on one. Traded my Shadow for a 2008 KLR650 today. Mostly stock from what I can tell, other than a Happy Trails skid plate. I'm excited to be back off (and on) road!
cfd6f0156714ee6a34888ab8283a7395.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Going to try and clean up
That rear fender today, and mount the plate directly onto it. I can't stand the way that license plate sub fender thing sticks down there.

82b777a57579a04da3f925e38721913c.jpg

Boom. Going to order those bolts with LED lights in them soon, but this will work for now.

I just got another KLR 650 (2015) myself, now I've owned five of them over the years, you would think I would have just keep the first one. You will never go wrong with one, cheap to own and easy to sell. Bike looks like it's in very good shape, congratulations.

trainman

Now I need some crash bars, pannier racks, some ammo cans to mount to them, Lexx slip on...

Can't wait to start modding, haha.

I just got my Tusk Crash Bars and Tusk Handguards on Friday from Rocky Mountain ATV and M/C. I've purchased many Tusk products over the years and have always been happy with their stuff. I will probably buy their Pannier Racks to, but will probably use plastic cases and not metal.

trainman

I just got my Tusk Crash Bars and Tusk Handguards on Friday from Rocky Mountain ATV and M/C. I've purchased many Tusk products over the years and have always been happy with their stuff. I will probably buy their Pannier Racks to, but will probably use plastic cases and not metal.

trainman

I'll keep that in mind!

I'm not super picky, if I can find some cheap Dirtracks on eBay, I'd be happy. Something to mount some cans to, lol.

I'll keep that in mind!

I'm not super picky, if I can find some cheap Dirtracks on eBay, I'd be happy. Something to mount some cans to, lol.

Nice you will have tons of company here. There are KLRS everwhere on TWT. BT your PM box is full so you cannot recieve any more messages. KP

Decided to brave the floods and ride the KLR to work today. With my driveway being flooded and muddy, it was a blast. Have to take it easy due to my back, though.

New tires more "dirty" would be first on my list. Then susp mods, stock is dangerous even on the road.

New tires more "dirty" would be first on my list. Then susp mods, stock is dangerous even on the road.

I plan on it once these wear out. Hard for me to justify spending the money to replace these. (I'll be keep the off roading to a minimum.)

20fe3a0caf6304fa887859aa865985d1.jpg

I've been working nights this week, so coming home this morning, I experienced the eerie fog. Thought it was also a good photo op for my trusty steed.

Back