• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Continental Road/Sport Attack Tires

Reaction score
We talked a little about tires at PO's tonight and I mentioned that the Continental Road Attack tires had gotten good reviews. I decided to post them here with the comment that I will most likely order a set for the Duc to replace the existing OEM tires before my Colorado trip in September.

I found them in my size and rating (120/70-ZR17 and 185/55-ZR17) at www.swmototires.com for $225 for the set.

Reviews - Road Attack

http://www.onewheeldrive.net/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=475&Itemid=130

http://www.canyonchasers.net/reviews/accessories/road-attack.php

Here is a write-up from the VFRWorld

http://vfrworld.com/forums/vf-vfr-m...ires-long-but-good-readfor-tire-shoppers.html

Review - Sport Attack

http://jocke.selincite.com/bikes/conti-sport-attack

-

I've been thinking of a set of Road Attacks for the SV's next tire change. It'll be pretty dependent on the life I get out of my Pilot Powers (currently at 3800mi), as I love the Powers. If I don't get 7000mi out of the Powers, I will give the Road Attacks a try unless the new Power 2CT is comprable in price :)

How can you get 7k out of a set of Powers? I have Pilot Sports and I will not get over 4k out of the rear on my SV. I am looking at the Road Attacks also, they get good reviews and are more reasonable than the Michelins. Good luck with the Duc. Also check www.TireExpress.com they had Road Attacks for $222.78 shipped, and Powers for $257.98 shipped. Happy hunting!

Well at 3800mi I'm showing hardly any wear, I know more than a few people seeing around 8000mi on their Powers. Do you have a 1000 or a 650?

I just installed these on my SV1K and I really like them. Check out this thread for more information and pricing (I got mine for $209 delivered).

I’m mostly a lurker, but I have recently tried these tires and I have been so impressed with them that I felt I should share my thoughts on them. I must say I love the Road Attacks. After reading the Canyon Chaser review, I tried a set on my busa prior to a trip to Eastern North Carolina via the Smokey Mountains. At my first stop in Dahlonega, GA (around 900 miles) you could still read the writing across the rear tire. When I returned home after approx 3K miles the rear still maintained its round profile. (I have some pics somewhere). After putting these tires on, the turn in on the busa was noticeable quicker with great stick and so far excellent mileage. (Got 4300 miles on em and still rounded profile and just under 4/32nds of tread remaining). These tires do not seem to follow rain grooves, and have been the best handling tires on any road imperfections that I have tried to date. After reading that Europe has approved these tires for the GSXR1K, and combining my experience with the busa, I put a set on the GSXR. The performance on this bike has been just as great. Even returned from Arkansas through major rain events and the tires performed well. To be honest I haven’t taken them to the 100 percent, all out performance challenge, but as far as 90 percent aggressive street riding I don’t think you can go wrong with this tire. Great stick and equally great mileage. Of course with any tire, if you want to lower the mileage it only takes a heavy, abrupt throttle hand to do so. If I rode in Arkansas exclusively the mileage would not be as high as the touring mileage I have experienced; however, I think I have found my solution to reducing my tire budget somewhat.

I'm on my third Road Attack on the rear of my Warrior and love them. I get around 8k out of them and for the Warrior that is awesome. If I had Pilot Powers on they would only last around 2k on my bike. My wife's SV has them on front and rear, with over 5k miles on them and they look like brand new. I fully expect the rear to get around 12k and the front anywhere from 12 to 15k before it needs to be changed.

They are hands down the best feeling and best wearing tires I've ever ridden on. Super predictable and cheaper than almost any other tire.

The more I read about the RAs the more I think they'll be the next tires to grace the SV.

Back