• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Twisted Sisters..

my6

Reaction score
First Name
David
Traveldiva and I had the good fortune of running the Twisted Sisters Saturday and Sunday. Sadley, no dirt was harmed on this ride but it WAS great fun none the less. It was torture for me looking at lots of dirt roads winding up into the hills on undoubtedly private properties and
thinkng how cool it would be to make those runs to the top and then to look back at where I might have started from. :zen:

All those dirt roads are just a reason to return. Glad you got a chance to get out and ride.

It was a hoot. Right up to the point we started experiencing trailer problems on our way home. We are Super8ing it in Universal City with a bent axle tonight. By the time I get this trailer home it will pretty much be a NEW trailer..:miffed:

Bummer, but just think your trailer will be in good shape for the next outing.

Yes Sir, that's one way of looking at it.:zen:

I see dirt trails and dual tracks winding off into the distance a nd feel the same way, knowing a trusty Kaw 650 KLR is up to all dirt challenges. Thinking gotta head back to MX, mucho off roads available.

It was a hoot. Right up to the point we started experiencing trailer problems on our way home. We are Super8ing it in Universal City with a bent axle tonight. By the time I get this trailer home it will pretty much be a NEW trailer..:miffed:

Darn that stinks.:giveup: Is someone able to help you two get it back on the road? Other than that how is the trip so far?

After a few trials and tribulations we made it to JMZ's and he saved the day for us.:clap: I owe ya Buddy...There was a crack on the axle that very well could and would have been catastrophic if we'd tried to go much further or hit one too many bumps in the road. Once he was finished beefing it up I do believe it will handle much more of a load then we will ever put on it. :rider::rider:

There are a few really good county dirt roads in the area. My son-in-law and I live in Kerrville, maybe we could take you back there sometime and get you on some dirt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd love to. Maybe sometime this fall...

Back