• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Christian in Indonesia sentenced to death

Tracker

post tenebras lux
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Long story short, I have personal friends in Indonesia who are friends with a Nigerian Christian in Indonesia that was framed for drug trafficking and has been sentenced to death. I'll just call him "AJ".

There's is no doubt of his innocence, but the legal system in Indonesia becomes interesting if you're a non-Muslim, even though Indonesia is a "moderate" Muslim country. Let's just say spiritual warfare there is not what it is here.

Please pray that truth and justice might prevail, despite false accusers. He has been incarerated now for almost 2 years and has held Bible studies in the jails/prisons and led many prisoners and even jailers to faith. In some ways, that has hurt his cause. They recently announced his execution will be soon.

:tab While it would truly be a horrible thing to be executed wrongly, he would not be the first Christian to lose his life in such a manner. If he is finally executed, he will come before the only Judgment seat that matters. I will certainly pray that he is spared in the here and now, but don't lose sight of the fact that if he is not, all is not lost.

:tab I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. Phil 1:20-21 (NIV)

Tracker said:
He has been incarerated now for almost 2 years and has held Bible studies in the jails/prisons and led many prisoners and even jailers to faith. In some ways, that has hurt his cause. They recently announced his execution will be soon.
Sounds like he has not compromised his faith to save his skin. A very humbling example. I would like to see his life spared, but if not, I suspect he will have a strong (and brave) witness to the end.

All true.
The apostles left the Sanhedrin, rejoicing because they had been counted worthy of suffering disgrace for the Name. Acts 5:41.

That is his attitude and "to live is Christ and die is gain", but we still pray.

Back