• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

JR Ballistic 5.0 Pants

TinyD

Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
These pants are "a little warm" these days, and tend to cause some pretty serious sweating..(still rather sweat than not have the protection)....my question is how do you clean these things..... I have wiped them down with soap and water (daily,inside and out) but they are starting to get a little on the FUNKY side...

if they are all textile without any leather they can go into the washing machine. some leather is okay in the laundry too, but not very common. best thing to do would be to read the label on the garment. it will have care instructions. usually technical garment's biggest enemy is the dryer. heat breaks down the synthetic materials and waterproofing coatings. again, read the label and it should tell you everything you need to know.

Lots of Febreeze.....jut keep spraying and let them dry till they no longer offend your nose. Or woolite in the bathtub if they are really really funky. The febreeze works great in the helmet too....

Try wearing some moisture-absorbing stuff underneath them too, like UnderArmour. Will help keep the funk away once you get rid of it.

I think I've washed mine once, and it was in the washing machine. A few specs of the reflective stuff came off but not real bad and all the bugs are gone.

Turn them inside out and soak them in a bucket of water/ kitchen sink. agatate a little and hang dry. That would be the safest way. I personally use a light soap, agatate a lot and let it hang dry.

In the washing machine stuff tends to loose is water proofness. But I havn't had any major issues putting stuff in the washing machine either. I wash all my gear mid September each year.

TinyD said:
Lable says hand wash, no soaking, no wringing...:shrug:

Do you know anyone with a front-loading washer you could use? Front loaders don't have an agitator; they just turn the clothes over and over in the water. Much easier on the clothes and uses less water.

Lee

What about putting a little soap in the water of the kiddie pool and let the kids have at it? That should be agitation enough to get the grime out but they aren't strong enough to really hurt the material.

Back