• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Kurt "txmedic" Brown, Georgetown

kurt

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Kurt
Last Name
Brown
I'll try again later

Recent.jpg

You expect me to actually read the instructions? :eek:

Please note the subject line format ;-)

Adios,

Hey!

I saw a bike just like yours Sunday! Some guy was on it swearing he rarely did more than 20 over the limit.

I had no idea parts of 1431 and PR4 had an 80MPH limit :roll:

Ahem,

Daryl

:tab I love that color. I was in Woods Honda recently and they still have one in there in that same color. Very nice!

You expect me to actually read the instructions?

:tab One thing organizing rides and doing things like this website has taught me is, no matter how plain, simple and clear you make things, most people will gloss right over it without so much as a blink of an eye. However, they won't hesitate to gripe when they cannot figure something out, or to ask questions, the answer to which are bleeding obvious if they'd but look for even a moment. Human nature I guess :shrug: Ask first, look later... Hence the gentle e-prod from your friendly admin :-P

:tab So where is the story? How'd you get from there to here? Why the Bandit?

Adios,

The Bandit sure is nice. It was my second choice for many of the same reasons I went with the SV. Only thing is I wanted it new and they stopped making the 600.

uberhawk said:
Some guy was on it swearing he rarely did more than 20 over the limit.

I said rarely! :-D Most of the time I was within 20-30 mph of the speed limit.

The Bandit was an accident...sort of. I wanted an FZ1 when I walked into Woods that day and was just price shopping. As usual, Woods wasn't anywhere in the ballpark for what I wanted. They did have the Bandit as a recent aquisition in the takeover of D&L Suzuki. He made a low-ball offer on the Bandit, I countered with a ridiculous offer, and Carlos accepted it without blinking. The rest as they say, is history.

Since then, I've added a few things to give it a little more "umph" and increased the output by about 30%. Easy to do cheaply with the Bandit. Alas, the Bandit is not long for my garage. There is a GS with my name on it somewhere. Irondawg's GS only reinforced that Sunday.

Just kidding about the instructions. I'm bad about not reading instructions or asking directions. It's a guy thing I hear.

There is a GS with my name on it somewhere.

:tab There are several in Texas for sale right now ;-) Lone Star has two right now with full luggage and other goodies, same paint scheme as mine and John's. Go to the AdvRider.com website and browse the Flea Market forum. Also check fleabay motors as they turn up the often. You won't regret getting the GS. I handles like you would not believe and pulls like a locomotive. Oh, and they lean like you wouldn't believe!! :eek:

Adios,

Squeaky said:
The Bandit sure is nice. It was my second choice for many of the same reasons I went with the SV. Only thing is I wanted it new and they stopped making the 600.

Given the choice of the Bandit 600 or the SV650, I would take the SV every time. The SV1000 was not available when I bought the Bandit, but it sure would have made for a tough decision. I got the Bandit for about what an SV650 was going for OTD, so I still can't say what I would have done at the time.

Tourmeister said:
There is a GS with my name on it somewhere.

:tab There are several in Texas for sale right now ;-) Lone Star has two right now with full luggage and other goodies, same paint scheme as mine and John's. Go to the AdvRider.com website and browse the Flea Market forum. Also check fleabay motors as they turn up the often. You won't regret getting the GS. I handles like you would not believe and pulls like a locomotive. Oh, and they lean like you wouldn't believe!! :eek:

Adios,

There are a couple of what appear to be really good deals on the ADVRider site. Bikes with less than 1k miles and lots of crap added to them. Believe me, Crap adds up when you go to purchase it.

Back