• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

gel packs

Reaction score
Anyone ever use gel packs on a sportbike? Where and what kind did you use? Thanks.

I don't even know what a gel pack is.
I've sat on a gel seat - they're nice for long trips.
I've also seen the gel grips, but was curious if anyone had some advice on them - are they worth it?

Howdy,

:tab Try the stock grips for a bit. If you find they are not comfortable, the Pro Gel grips are about $10 a pair. Takes about ten minutes to install them. I have them on the 01 VFR and like them. Not only are they a tad softer than the original grips, the material seems a little tackier and thus sticks to the glove and I don't have to grip as tight to keep the throttle from returning to idle because of the spring pull. This can make a big difference in how your hand and arm feel on long rides, like say an East Texas Butt Burner :-P

Adios,

Back