• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Blown wheel

Leon, if you can get somewhere to stay tonight I can come with flatbed and get you in the morning. I'm currently in f'burg but heading home this afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ride up ramp is already in pickup... or i can bring a car hauler. Could leave almost immediently

I'm ok came off seat about a foot fortunately it was a new tire and is stiff have nursed it back towards sweet water where we may try a tube

Oh it's bent
A553A46E-CE0C-49D4-BED9-C1CEF81A8FD7_zpsgtcatn9r.jpg

We pulled it off and beat on it.
It is very ugly but holding air going to nurse it back towards Jeff's house.

We stopped for gas and Jeff's bike wiring harness went up in smoke and flames.
My wheel is extra ugly yet by the grace of God it is holding air.
Rescue ranger Brian (reddogbmw) is in route.

This is shaping up to be a true adventure complete with retroactive fun.

FWIW, I did not get an email notification on this thread although I seemed to get the notices on the tests that were run a while back. I coulda nearly been there by now.

It sure what's the bigger adventure, me kitting block and getting air or Jeff's bike catching fire while at gas pump.

So just for the record what variant of "Big Block" did you hit? GM 396,427,454 FOMOCO 427, 429, 460 Mopar 426,440......

:duck:

Glad everyone is ok. Y'all didn't get far but what an adventure.

I think it might be Brian that I bought my current 1200 GS from a few years ago... Can't recall for sure.

Safely back home!
Special thanks to the gentleman in Roscoe who lead us over to his friend who let us use his shop to jack up the bike and pull the wheel and wail on it with a 20lb sledgehammer.
Thank you to the Christian motorcycle member who checked on us while we were sitting at the truck stop waiting on Brian who dropped what he was doing to drive all the way out to Cisco to pick up Jeff's bike.
Thanks Brian.

Glad y'all made it back without a #3 occurrence.

Also didn't receive an email notice! Huh????

Back