• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

GLEN ROSE RUN - JUNE 10 2017

Reaction score
The Glen Rose Run went on today in perfect weather. 7 of us started the day at 8:05 ...yes we were late, two of us had to use the bathroom...:giveup::giveup::giveup::giveup:

But in less than 2 miles we were at the first water crossing...Yes I dropped the bike about half way across...the guinea pig...man that crossing was slick.
We hit about 4 more on that segment of the ride but none as challenging as the first.

Hico for a pit stop for gas, and off to more water crossings.
I will say that the day had four water crossings that were challenging..and it was fun. The other 4 or 5 or 6 were just puddles compared to those four...however....we did have one that had less than an inch of water running across a concrete slab...when I crossed it the back end broke loose....i tried to warn the riders behind me...but it was too late...one of us took a hard fall...OUCH..

The day ran on and there was a lot of nice scenic views...The roads were country gravel and practically no dirt. The water crossings really made the ride fun and challenging.

We had one bike break...rather it lost a bolt...and no it wasnt a KLR...
Cletus decided to nurse his Moto Guzi back home instead of continue the ride.
The last part of the ride was really kind of boring with the same gravel roads..so we decided to cut it short at the option point. So we finished the ride about 2:30 with about 137 miles on the clicker...I think that was right.

I would give this route about 4 out of 5 stars based on the water crossings. A good short day ride with challenges...

I will upload photos when I get them processed small enough to post. The videos I will get uploaded to YOUTUBE and post the links.

Another one in the books... Guys post your review of the ride here...Thank you all for joining me on the ride. I look forward to your company on the next "run"

Chris
:rider::rider::rider::rider::rider::rider:

Wow. Looks like a great ride. Sorry to have missed another one. Can't wait to see some more pics.

Great ride Chris. The most exciting part was the first time I saw Cleatus flying his sidecar at a 45 degree angle! I thought his bike had blown up! Turns out he likes riding that way. I also want to thank Cleatus for editing out my dunking on the very first video...he kindly stopped right after my front wheel turned...and before the splash! He also got a nice video of Chris' demo of trick riding in the water...doing a 360 right by the ledge...what a guy! Great route, nice scenery, sunny day with cool temps, and on a bike...what else can you ask for?

Been pouting all weekend that I didn't get to make it. Not a cool day here. Just a balmy 103 f. The ride looked fun. Will watch for the next one.

This is my first Adventure ride and I have to say it was everything I expected and more. Chris's ride was very well organised and the pace was good. Water crossings made for an interesting mix of riding conditions that spiced up the ride.

1 word of caution to newer riders that might know this. I saw slab of concrete that has less than inch of water on it, and I rode over it without second thought at about 30mph or so, Bad mistake, it was slimy and slippery like waxed glass and the rear tire slipped from under me and I was on ground with a sprained ankle and bruised hip.

But that was my mistake. I highly recommend this route or another one Chris's ADV rides.

9a9f8f5be24bd0a085a723b252efd60b.jpg

81179f9502b2803c0a57e40d177f378b.jpg
df5c8a8ec83384e90158cde5480b4ab6.jpg
5100e54b0260be9a11ab9f270b79367e.jpg
6af4069c75976bc1547c445ffcad6ffb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bill,

You didn't get a picture of me and my bike on the floor? :D

I know my day is coming so I'm paying it forward by offering alternative facts. Wheels down all the way except for the occasional flying side car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yellow wire ties got me home through Walnut Springs with no problems. Had a great time, but really glad that the Guzzi caught traction before I slid into Paul when he went down, as the back was sliding right at him.

Man, I might not have to publish anything...you guys are great at the video and pictures you are posting..

The picture of cletus is worthy of a magazine cover photo.

Man, I might not have to publish anything...you guys are great at the video and pictures you are posting..

The picture of cletus is worthy of a magazine cover photo.

I'll get some more footage when i'm able to mount a camera on my helmet! But you need to get your videos & footage on here! I think you got some really scenic views and pictures of the group too!

Back