• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Ft. Worth area helmet question...

Reaction score
Any local shops in the Fort Worth area carry Shark and/or Scorpion helmets?

I checked the Cycle Gear website and they don't list either of those brands.

I've gone to dealership websites but most of them don't seem to list apparel items online.

I'll probably order my next helmet online but I'd like to try them on in person before sheliing out the $$.

Heinz

Any dealer with a Tucker Rocky Account can order / stock Shark Helmets -
I have worn one and the interior was comparable to a Shoei or Arai -
the helmet was quiet and had nice fit/finish.
Tucker Rocky is the exclusive US distributor for Shark as of June I believe.

The Suzuki shop on 174 in Burleson stocks Shark helmets. It's a Suzuki motorcycle/high end mower dealership/small engine repair shop. Yamaha-Suzuki of Texas in Hurst, and Yamaha-Suzuki West on 183 used to stock Scorpion, but I don't know if they still do. Moto-Liberty stocks Scorpion helmets as well.

Thanks for the input guys.

I did a search for Suzuki dealers in Burleson TX and one of the hits was "Tom's Small Engine". I gave them a call and they said they have plenty in stock.

Who'd a thunk that a place called "Tom's Small Engine" would be one of the few places in the Ft. Worth area to carry Shark helmets?

I remember reading a post somewhere recently saying that Shark helmets weren't that easy to find.

Anyhow, thanks again.

Heinz

heinzrx said:

I did a search for Suzuki dealers in Burleson TX and one of the hits was "Tom's Small Engine". I gave them a call and they said they have plenty in stock.

Who'd a thunk that a place called "Tom's Small Engine" would be one of the few places in the Ft. Worth area to carry Shark helmets?

I remember reading a post somewhere recently saying that Shark helmets weren't that easy to find.

Anyhow, thanks again.

Heinz

I've used them to maintain my scooter and they do good work. Prices were average or a little more.

heinzrx said:

Anyhow, thanks again.

Heinz
I know. I've lived right down the street from that place for 2 years and just recently discovered they were a Suzuki dealership.:doh:

Tom's is the only place I have ever done business with that will actually call you when parts you order come in!!! :clap: :rider:

Arlington Motorsports carries Scorpion helmets. I've delt alot with tom's. If you deal with the younger guy's their great. The older guy is iffy

heinzrx said:

Heinz

The SHARK helmets have just begun to be imported into the USA by Tucker Rocky - there were a few sold here and there by mail order outfits that bought them overseas and sold them here but very few - They are a top selling helmet in Europe. It will take a while until you see dealers stocking many of them , there are so many helmets out there and they just have to find out if they can sell them or not ( demand - and they are pricey but very good quality and have a different "look" )
Since they have only been available two months they will be scarce to find for awhile until dealers have confidence /demand to stock them...
A cool feature about them - the actual weight of the helmet is on a sticker on the back of the helmet in grams- also I noticed they ventilate really good due to a unique foam construction which channels air thru the helmet-
The Corser and DuHamel Shark replica's are sweet looking too...

I've been looking at helmet reviews on webbikeworld.com and the Shark RSI and Scorpion EXO700 both got decent reviews. I'd also consider a Shoei TZ-R but those are carried all over the place so there's no problem finding a place to try those on.

Next chance I get I'll hit Tom's Small Engine to try on a Shark and then maybe head over to Arlington MotorSports to try out the Scorpion like MeNWen suggested.

I'm getting tired of my noisy 3 yr. old KBC Racer 1. After all this time it still has a pressure point right smack in the middle of my forehead.

Anybody have any 1st-hand experience with any of the three helmets mentioned above?

Heinz

I bought a Shark from Tom's. I found that it had great ventilation but it was too short, back to front. My big ol' nose rubbed the inside of the chin bar. The younger guy, manager type, took it back after one day of use. Full refund. He did this although my reciept said no returns on helmets.

my local cyclegear store had Shark helmets on the rack. to test fit and all.

nice lid. lighter then my corsair. my try them out next lid. not to keen on the paint jobs myself. not into the dragon theme.

Thanks for the input.

Cycle Gear doesn't list Shark or Scorpion on their website but I guess I should give the local one a call and see what they have on the shelf. If they don't don't carry Sharks I'll most likely be dropping by Tom's on Saturday and check out some Sharks in person.

I've never had a helmet that seemed truly comfortable. Some were just less uncomfortable than others. I'm hoping to change that. Maybe I have a square head instead of a round or oval one, who knows?

I'm with you on the dragon-themed graphics. I'm not one for wild graphics anyway but I do believe that Shark makes some models that are less "look-at-me" than some of the others.

Heinz

heinzrx said:
Thanks for the input.

Cycle Gear doesn't list Shark or Scorpion on their website but I guess I should give the local one a call and see what they have on the shelf.

The CycleGear in Houston doesn't carry Scorpion either but you can order them directly online from Scorpion themselves. I did and shipment was prompt and perfect. http://www.scorpionusa.com/products/street.html

heinzrx said:
Thanks for the input.

Cycle Gear doesn't list Shark or Scorpion on their website but I guess I should give the local one a call and see what they have on the shelf. If they don't don't carry Sharks I'll most likely be dropping by Tom's on Saturday and check out some Sharks in person.

I've never had a helmet that seemed truly comfortable. Some were just less uncomfortable than others. I'm hoping to change that. Maybe I have a square head instead of a round or oval one, who knows?

I'm with you on the dragon-themed graphics. I'm not one for wild graphics anyway but I do believe that Shark makes some models that are less "look-at-me" than some of the others.

Heinz

Neither the Cycle Gear in Fort Worth or Bedford carry Scorpion or Shark, just to save ya some calling time ;-)

I love my Scorpion EXO700...I haven't tried on a Shark, I just liked the features of the Scorpion...the 2006 helmets have a better/easier ratcheting system to remove the face shield than the 2005 helmets did, I have had one of each.

I highly recommend the EXO700...I wore a Medium in KBC, but had to get a Large in Scorpion...I guess they run a tad small.

Just .02 from a Scorpion helmet owner :rider:

I got mine from Motoliberty in Dallas, and since I came back for my second one, he cut me a small discount on it for being a returning buyer.

wonder91178 said:
Neither the Cycle Gear in Fort Worth or Bedford carry Scorpion or Shark, just to save ya some calling time ;-)

Not quite true. At the Bedford store we have a few (and I mean just a couple) Shark helmets on the shelf that we got in just so people could try them on and see if there was interest. Scorpion we can also get.

brd said:
Not quite true. At the Bedford store we have a few (and I mean just a couple) Shark helmets on the shelf that we got in just so people could try them on and see if there was interest. Scorpion we can also get.

Oh! That's cool...I guess I should have qualified my statement with "last time I was there..." :mrgreen:

So....can you get the Scorpions and Sharks at the after hours sale on the 18th? :trust:

I went by Cycle Gear on Alta Mere at lunch time today planning to try on the Shoei RF1000 and the Shoei TZ-R (which they didn't have). To my surprise they had some Shark helmets but only 3 and they were all the the same high-end model (RSR2). I wanted to look at the lower-end model (RSI).

I went ahead and tried on the Shark RSR2 and it felt pretty comfy. I also tried on a Shoei RF1000 and that was pretty comfy too.

I still want to try on the Scorpion EXO700.

Decisions decisions!

wonder91178 said:
Oh! That's cool...I guess I should have qualified my statement with "last time I was there..." :mrgreen:

So....can you get the Scorpions and Sharks at the after hours sale on the 18th? :trust:

No, because it's on the 17th. :-P

But yes, the sale would apply to all special orders.

I can't believe no one mentioned Moto Liberty!!!! :eek2: Aka, the best motorcycle gear store in TX! Sorry Cyclegear, I love you guys too, but Moto Liberty is freakin awesome.

And yes, they carry a full line Scorpion, Shark, Arai, Shoei, ZR1, and some KBC last time I was there.

DFW_Warrior said:
I can't believe no one mentioned Moto Liberty!!!! :eek2: Aka, the best motorcycle gear store in TX! Sorry Cyclegear, I love you guys too, but Moto Liberty is freakin awesome.

And yes, they carry a full line Scorpion, Shark, Arai, Shoei, ZR1, and some KBC last time I was there.

Urm, Motoliberty was mentioned...I know because I'm one of the ones that mentioned it....that's where I got both of my Scorpion helmets...check my postings a couple of posts back ;-)

Oops, my bad..... But you put it at the BOTTOM of your post. You certainly can't expect me to read ALL the way to the bottom of each post can you???:trust:

Back