PDA

View Full Version : Ohlins

Dirtrideroader
04-13-2004, 01:32 AM
I finished installing the Ohlins Adventure shocks on my R1150GS tonight. Boy, they do make it taller. I am going to have to grow my legs another couple of inches now.

Went down the street and back. Just to park it on the other side of the Garage.
I still have to modify the side stand. The center stand seems to work, but not a whole lot of pressure on it. And both tires are touching the ground. Not optimal, but will work until I get back from Florida.

Can't wait to see how well the shocks soak up the bumps on the Lousiana roads.

Tourmeister
04-13-2004, 01:30 PM
I look forward to hearing the report!

Adios,

Dirtrideroader
04-13-2004, 01:52 PM
Not sure how exciting the report will be. At least on the way there, I am going to have to burn up I-10.

Speaking of burning up a straight road, I am replacing my rear Anakee because the tread is worn down to the wear bars in the middle. There is lots of tread on the edges. I am thinking about saving the tire and putting it back on for a track day.

Tourmeister
04-13-2004, 02:57 PM
:tab I meant a report about how well the suspension works. I've been down every single mile of I-10 from end to end and there is scarely a mile or more worth mentioning!

Adios,

Dirtrideroader
04-13-2004, 04:23 PM
I will let you know. One thing for sure, it feels way taller.
It also felt softer when I first sat on it.

After I get back from FL, maybe we can get together and you can check it out.

Tourmeister
04-13-2004, 11:49 PM
maybe we can get together and you can check it out.

Sure... okay... :twisted:

Adios,

X1Glider
07-12-2004, 02:14 PM
Your shocks will break-in in about a month. The stiction will go away and you won't believe your but about how good it feels. Good choice.

I just bought an R1100SA and have some Ohlins on the way. Can't wait to put them on and break them in.