• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

talahina to muse in se oklahoma

tx246

Reaction score
there is the legendary trail that leaves the state park and winds its way to muse. doable on a dualsport. ive done it on an xt600 and have seen it done on an xl600. lots of rocks, elevation changes, and you are in the sticks. beautiful in the fall. it is 28 miles one way. ive done the trail on an offroaded cr250 and it is faster that way but you do have to jump on a county road here and there for transfer sections and run the risk of LE. this is a great ride.

Got a GPS track or anything? Suonds interesting!

Here's something to think about if you like riding in that area.

Talihina GP :pirate:

I know a few folks that attended last years and they are now preparing to go for this years event. They say it's one not to miss.

See link to another thread on subject route. Post #9 has a Garmin track attachment.

Scott/Tony: I have not done the entire loop, it poured down rain the one time I went, but some folks over at DRN (Gene being one of them) have gone up there a number of times. They speak very highly of the ride.

next time i head up that way, ill post on here a couple of days before

I did the parkway this last July 3rd... 621 mile trip in one day... coming back ( I did the ride to Muse then back to Ok) I took the Indian trail, ran into a dirt road about 3/4's of the way in... chickened out because I was on a street bike..

anyone know how far that dirt road goes? looked like it was going up the side of the mountain..

the indian nations trail is single track through the national forest north of muse and parallels the highway back to talahina. it does cross a county/forest service road or two. most definitley not street bike stuff.

we are headed up there this weekend nov3-5. i have a pretty big group going already but have room for one or two if anybody wants to ride with us. we will be staying at the talahina state park. we plan on doing the indian nations trail on friday and trail 9 or clayton on saturday/sunday. the fall colors should be good.

just got back from another ride in the kiamichi. we arrived friday night in time to drink a few and get a good nights sleep. saturday morning started a bit foggy, but quickly gave in to blue sky. it was just me and one other and we made excellent time to muse. we ate a quick lunch and headed back. this time, we detoured to the whiterock out cropping north of town, before heading back to talahina. 64 miles of pretty gnarly stuff left us beat but happy. no mechanicals, and no broken bodies. this is the first time that i have navigated the indian nations trail without a navigational mistake. i now have a clean track for garmin units. if intrested pm me for details.

Glad y'all had fun. What did you ride?

I need to get my 400 off the stand. I'm off on Saturday to pick up the DR.

Shoot me the clean track, I'll put it with the other one.

Teeds,

I rode the CR. Did that title come through on the DR? Where do you have to go to pick it up? Ah Heck Im on the road all of the 17th, Ill give you a shout.

Back