• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Another new member from Houston

gsguy

Reaction score
Hello everybody.

I'm a new member living on the west side of Houston around
I-10 and the Beltway.

I have a Suzuki GS500 that I have been riding for about a year.
Within the next six months I'm looking forward to upgrading to a
SV650S.

My interest in motorcycles started when I was looking for a cheap way to get b/t two buildings my employer uses. So I started looking into mopeds, but when I realized that I needed a MC license to ride one legally I started to "broaden" my thinking. That combined with the fact that mopeds really are not that cheap "pushed" me into buying my current bike used down in Texas City. After taking the MSF course I started commutting to work regularly. I'm pretty hooked now and I have especially enjoyed the longer trips. My first longer ride was to Dallas to check out the motorcycle show.

See you on the road.

Ron

Hey, the Beltwat Bikers are becoming more prominent here. We'll all have to get away from the crazy driving and get out to the country some time soon.

Welcome aboard Ron! I was also thinking about the GS but decided on the SV instead. You won't be disappointed!

:bigokay:

Welcome Ron,

The GS is a great first ride and I think you will really like the SV if thats what you get next (but I just might be alittle biased)

Howdy Ron,

Welcome to the site! The GS is a great bike, mucho fun on twisty roads where big HP numbers don't matter. The SV is a lot like it, just a little more solid and a little more grunt.

There do seem to be a lot of West side folks signing up here lately ;-)

Adios,

Tourmeister said:
There do seem to be a lot of West side folks signing up here lately ;-)

Scott, does this mean you'll venture down at some point to the west/soutwest side of Houston? :lol:

I'm pretty hooked now and I have especially enjoyed the longer trips. My first longer ride was to Dallas to check out the motorcycle show.
Hope it wasn't straight up I-45 and back. It's boring enough taking the trip in a cage.

Welcome to the world of motorcycling. If you're interested in group rides, most of better ones take place on the northwest or northeast side of the city, which leaves us west/southwest riders out of the loop.

which leaves us west/southwest riders out of the loop.

Nonsense! :-P YOu can always come up to my place in Huntsville on Friday evening, spend the night, ride Saturday till you can't feel your fanny, and then head home. If you give us advance warning, we have lots of space, extra air mattresses, room in the fridge for more beer, room in the garage for at least five or six more bike, and lots of great riding ;-)

Squeaky said:
Scott, does this mean you'll venture down at some point to the west/soutwest side of Houston?

Hmm... I would not hold your breath waiting for that to happen ;-) Having misspent a good deal of my youth growing up in the South of Houston area, I really have a hard time going back down there on a bike... At least when you guys venture up here, there is a reward at the end of the ride :lol:

Adios,

Hey Ron,

Welcome to the TWT family!!! :lol: It looks like you & I are on the same page. I got my GS in July and love it. My furtherest ride was on the East Texas Butt Burner Ride not too long ago -- 400 miles. I think my next bike will also be the SV but for right now I'm still have fun on the GS. I am looking forward to going to Colorado w/ "Backroad Motorcyle Tours" in June. Good luck w/ shopping for a SV.

Another GS500 Rider

Okay, I'm on a GS500 too. So between you, me, and Snoopster (formerly 2slo?) that makes three of us. Are there any more? Is three enough to start our own club? :mrgreen:

Snoopster was never 2slo. I think 2slo is on a different forum. HSN maybe?

Adios,

Tourmeister said:
Snoopster was never 2slo. I think 2slo is on a different forum. HSN maybe?

Adios,

Okay, I'm on crack. I need to go re-read every forum topic here and on HSN to try to figure out what I was thinking. :oops:

:tab Oh, now I remember...I think 2slo's real name is Debra, and she's over at HSN. She hangs out with a guy named Scott I think. They work together. They did a few track days recently and some other guy was griping about how slow she was even though she was in the C class. Needless to say, he got an earful from everybody.

Adios,

Tourmeister said:
:tab Oh, now I remember...I think 2slo's real name is Debra, and she's over at HSN. She hangs out with a guy named Scott I think. They work together. They did a few track days recently and some other guy was griping about how slow she was even though she was in the C class. Needless to say, he got an earful from everybody.

Adios,

Does she ride a GS500?

Back