• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2006 Boar Run

Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Massey
I was waiting on Woodsguy, Mopower, Treetagger or ta2240 to post a report since they were there and I had to work but from what I've heard from Alex, Pops (Woodsguy) laid out an excellent course for the event. I've also heard it was one of the best layouts ever for Outlaw with a little of everything the property had to offer.

Copied from Woodsguy's report on Texas Off-Road Net:
Top 5 from best I can tell:

A class:
1st-Cody Potts and Chuck Wojcik. Between the 2 of them they ran approimately 161 miles in 6 hours, WOW!
2nd-Mark SR. and Jr. Strong
3rd-Doug and Bubba Gray
4th-Charles Marshall and Pat Holman
5th-David Wysong and Erik Shea

B class:
1st-Zack Roseberry and Ed Hamilton
2nd-Jerry Evans and Stephen
3rd-David and Jacob Hulsey
4th-Jason Miller and Bob Dietrich
5th-Rob Vaughan and Dan Hitt

C class:
1st-Carl Cobena and Daniel Reeves. Carl's 1st race ever! Smelling the B class already!
2nd-Tim Arfeleand Preston Foose
3rd-Alex Massey and Cody Bybee
4th- Keith Vanessen and ? Custer
5th-Doug Warnock and Mike Hudson

For the younger riders they had a poker run that all the kids enjoyed. I'd like to take this time to thank the individuals that set this up and ran it for the kids. I was supposed to head it up for the kids but could not get off work to do it. Actually it was one of the families that lost their house and a few others that did it for the kids. My hat's off to these people, they are what makes MSRA and Outlaw Trax such a great place to be a part of. :clap:

Some of you may recognize the name Cody Potts from the recent TRH National Enduro. If I remember correct, he won that event. Alex talked a little about the way Cody rode and how much he enjoyed the chance to ride with him. Said Cody did lap him on the last lap and was still flying after 6 hours. Well to be completely honest, Alex did say Cody and Chuck Wojcik had also lapped Alex and his partner earlier in the event. Cody and his partner had lapped the entire field at least once and some possibly more. Alex and his partner put in 117 miles in the 6 hours which equates to each of them putting in the miles of about 3 of the local Hare Scrambles in one morning.

The more I hear about the event, the more I wish I could have been there. Thanks Pops and all that helped you put on such a great event. I've heard nothing but praise for the Boar Run and other activities that went on over the weekend.

When I think of how whooped I am after twenty minutes of goofing around out there... the thought of SIX HOURS makes me wobbly in the knees :brainsnap

Tony,thanks for the report. You were missed. I was amazed how fast Alex had gotten, good deal! We have a lot of kids who have really stepped it up.

We had a great w/e, best I can tell only injury was a guy goofing in the grass field BEFORE the event!

We had 28 teams with abilities from AA(pro) to first timers and all got along very well! I beleive Cody and his partner put in 161 miles in their 6 hours. Pretty darn good considering the heat and how rough the course got!

Ya'll have to join us next year for #6 Boar Run!

Hemibee said:
I was waiting on Woodsguy, Mopower, Treetagger or ta2240 to post a report since they were there and I had to work but from what I've heard from Alex, Pops (Woodsguy) laid out an excellent course for the event. I've also heard it was one of the best layouts ever for Outlaw with a little of everything the property had to offer.

Oops! Sorry I missed this I have been busy trying to get the bike back and running from the abuse that POPS(akaWoodsguy) made it go through. I was riding it not him but I still blame all the hurt and damage on him.

It was a GREAT race. My partner and I got 2nd in the C class. We were winning until some young pup named Daniel and I got into a very fast paced wheel bumper sometime around the 12th lap. I held him off for about 6 miles but I bobbled and he pounced like a cat. What was funny is that as we are battling it out some rider on a yellow SUZUKI with A70 on it passed us and kind of acted like we were holding him up. I swear he had an AARP sticker on his bike.:lol2: (Yes that would have been Woodsguy) He is faster than he lets you know.

It was a great course with alot of small but steep creek bank climbs. It was flast and flowing most of the time.

One comment about Cody Potts, that guy is so fast he reminds me of a deer running through the woods. I know he passed me 3 times and I enjoyed every pass.

Sign me up for next year!:rider:
Thanks Pops for the hard work.

Back