• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

My Tuesday Hill country ride.

Reaction score
Logged a total of 403 miles and a bunch of :-D along the way.
A report if I may.
I live in SW Austin so I took the back way to Dripping Springs past the Salt Lick BBQ. Light drizzle almost made me head for the house but I pressed on. Rolled down 290 and took the Pedernales Falls by-pass and ended up in Johnson City. Still off and on drizzle so I set the cruise and rolled into Fredericksburg. Got pulled over in town by the local sherriff. He said it looked like my liscence plate light was out. :twisted: Looked like he was fishing but I didn't see the pole. He verified it was working, checked my papers and off I went. Took 16 down to Kerrville under better weather conditions. I was able to enjoy the long sweepers and had fun. I then decided to take 41 all the way to 335. South on 335 to Barksdale. WOW...WOW :-D Roads were dry.. no traffic.. I was rolling. I ran a brisk but sane pace because I was alone. If a person went off the road in that area, they would never find you. :shock: I then took 337 all the way to Medina. WOW..WOW..WOW There are only two gas stations in Leaky and one was closed. Saw a bunch of Sportbike riders gassing up but they were all going the other way. I talked to a nice couple riding a Honda 954 and a ZX9 I think. They were staying at a lodge in Kerrville and looked like they were having fun too. I had a bit of stress when I came up to a long water crossing with flowing water. A horror story about low water crossings came to mind and made me pucker up, but this was sticky pavement under the water. The two bridges on 337 are still under construction so I needed to detour through the dirt road on the side. Glad it was dry. All's well....
Took 16 through Bandera into Boerne. Did the old 473, 474 route to 16. Through the Backbone and into Wimberly. Took the road that leads to 150, back past the Saltlick and back home.

My only regret is I didn't get to ride 336 between 46 and Leaky. Will someone chime in and tell me what i missed please.

Nice report!

varnado said:
My only regret is I didn't get to ride 336 between 46 and Leaky. Will someone chime in and tell me what i missed please.

I'm pretty sure there's a BubbaVid for you to see for yourself. ;-) Essentially, it's more/less the same as 335, i.e., Big Fun. With kangaroos, iirc... 8-)

Back