• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

warning!stay away from xtreme cycles!

Reaction score
to all my fellow riders,dirt and street,
im writing this as a cautionary tale.stay away from xtreme cycles in garland.i30 and bobtown.here is why.
i bought new tires for my harley via the internet,and was looking for a fairly inexpensive place to do the mounting and balancing.xtreme cycles was close to where i work in rockwall.
i brought my rear wheel first since i already had it off the bike and dismounted due to a flat.the mounting and balance went without problems,till i got it home.he had mounted the tire on backwards.there is a directional arrow that clearly shows the rotation.i do realize that everyone is human,so i then brought my front and rear wheel to him the following afternoon.
it took 2 hours to mount and balance two tires,which was an irritation in itself,i only have 30 minutes for lunch.when they were finally finished,i noticed that the bead on the front tire was not seated on the rim,and sent it back to have it fixed.
when i returned home that evening,and put the wheels back on my bike,i then noticed that my front wheel was BENT.and not just a little wobble,i mean the wheel lip was bent DOWN.when i called xtreme as soon as i noticed it,they denied any and all wrong doing.when i pressed the issue(yes i was irate,and used "colorful"langauge,i found out the guy who mounted my tires DOESNT EVEN WORK THERE!his 16 year old son works there and doesnt know how to mount tires,so dad did it.
i was finally able to contact the owner(adam) and told him the problem,he too denied that they could have bent the wheel.he told me to being the wheel to him,and hed look at it.i did as requested and brought him the wheel.
he said he would replace the rim on my wheel,and when i asked how long it was going to take he said a week to two weeks.not wanting to be without my beloved harley that long,i went and bought a brand new wheel for my bike,and brought it to xtreme cycles to put my new tire on until my original wheel was fixed.they did as i requested,and put my rotor and new tire on my brand new wheel.i showed the crew the new wheel when i brought it in so everyone could see the rim was true,and unbent.
when i got home with the new wheel and tire,put it on the bike,and low and behold...THEY BENT THE BRAND NEW WHEEL!!! and bent my rotor as well.
i contacted adam the folowing business day,and he said"i told you id fix the first wheel,but im not going to fix the second one."
so now we come to the present time.almost 4 WEEKS LATER.
not once have i EVER received a phone call from xtreme cycles letting me know whats happening with my wheel,but when contacted i get the run around.now it seems he has had to cut all my spokes because the nipples were rusted to rim(this is a 2001 dyna wide glide,not a 59 pan head)so now hes had to order new spokes.when last contacted he said the new spokes were in mesquite at the main hub,but has yet to go get them.
this is not the way to run a business.and he will never get any more of mine.or anyone elses if i can do anything about it.
i was asked a question by one of my freinds,"do you trust this guy with your life?"and the answer is a resounding NO.the wheel he fixes will be taken to the harley shop and checked before it ever goes on my bike.

if you value your lives,and your hard earned money,DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH EXTREME CYCLES.thank you for reading,ride safe.-brian w hacker

Darn dude.... thats rotten luck. Thanks for the heads up and good luck.
Although it sounds just like one or two other places around DFW :trust:

im trying to pass the word around the best i can.not because im trying to be vidictive,i just dont want anyone getting hurt because of this guy.id rather pay harleys prices,than risk my life with crappy workmanship.

I have to wonder if maybe this is the same kind of problem I had with a shop here in Lewisville swapping tires on the DR650 for me... Specifically, I went to a shop oriented more towards sport bikes, meaning they were used to working with tubeless tires on alloy wheels. They took forever to get the new tires on, and boogered up several tubes in the process. Having worked with Mudshark on changing his tires, I can see why it took so long, because it's a little more involved than a tubeless tire, but still, these people wanted to charge me money for what was supposed to be a "professional" install.

My guess is that if you took in an alloy wheel and tubeless tire, they'd do fine. It's too bad they didn't have the guts to just say "I'm sorry, but we don't have enough experience with tubed tires." I know that little shop in Lewisville has lost any future business of mine because they weren't smart enough to know when they were in over their heads.

Unacceptable service. Contact the better business bureau, Tx attorney generals office. Post this on yahoo group CTXIR too if you want full coverage.
I would get a lawyer too, to recoup for your losses

Best,

i intend to do all those things...as soon as i get my wheel back from them.feel free to copy and paste my letter to any and all forums i may not know about.i feel i have to spread the word about these guys before any further damage results.oh,i almost forgot.they have only been working on street bikes for about 6 months.they have been working on nothing but dirts bikes before that.unfortunalty i found out too late.-b

Sleepy Weasel said:
I have to wonder if maybe this is the same kind of problem I had with a shop here in Lewisville swapping tires on the DR650 for me....

Exactly the incident / shop I was referring to.....well one of them anyway :trust:

update on my wheel.
the spokes were finally delivered to the shop on wed of last week.after speaking with adam he assured me the wheel would be finished by thurs,friday at the latest.
friday came and no call from adam,when i finally got ahold of him,i was informed the spokes he ordered,ARE THE WRONG LENGTH!
to which he said that he THOUGHT he ordered the right ones.so hes now had to reorder different spokes and now im still waiting...going on 5 weeks now.

the saga continues....

ironhorsecowboy said:
update on my wheel.
the spokes were finally delivered to the shop on wed of last week.after speaking with adam he assured me the wheel would be finished by thurs,friday at the latest.
friday came and no call from adam,when i finally got ahold of him,i was informed the spokes he ordered,ARE THE WRONG LENGTH!
to which he said that he THOUGHT he ordered the right ones.so hes now had to reorder different spokes and now im still waiting...going on 5 weeks now.

the saga continues....

I think this calls for a lynch mob :eat:

finally got my wheel back.to my surprise it is straight,and true.i am however dissapointed with the quality of rim he purchased.the chrome finish is second rate at best,you can see the sanding scratches below the chrome finish,and there are several burrs on the rim,inside the rim and out.the brand of rim he purchased is excel,which i believe is a pretty decent rim manufact.if anyone has any experience with these rims id like to hear from you before i mount my tire on it.thanks-brian

Back