• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Clayton State Park to Pickens no GPS 9/10/06

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Green
We had a great time. 4 of us showed up for the ride. We saw a couple dual sports on the way into Clayton and one south of the State Park. We only had a couple flats and Adams dual sport kit gave him a little fit. He had that worked out in a couple minutes and back on the road we were back on the road again.

HPIM0761_002.sized.jpg

This is about 10 miles south of the park
HPIM0745_002.sized.jpg

Trail repair
HPIM0746_002.sized.jpg

HPIM0747_002.sized.jpg

Brent got a little hot going into one corner. Nothing was hurt on him or my bike. We sat a few minutes which turned out to be a blesssing. 2 corners later we all were almost in the dicth. A f150 came flying around a blind corner and split the 4 of us up the ceneter. Thankfully we were doing about 10 mph
HPIM0750_002.sized.jpg

Pickens
HPIM0749_002.sized.jpg

Which way do we go
HPIM0754_002.sized.jpg

Some goof balls standing along the road LOL I am included--- I think the smiles say it ALL !!!
HPIM0751_002.sized.jpg

Adam leading the pack
HPIM0756_002.sized.jpg

Single track or ATV stuff
HPIM0757_002.sized.jpg

HPIM0758_002.sized.jpg

Mike Green -- Billyji

Great write up.

That picture of us grinning is great.

More pics? Looking at the bikes, this had to be one of those ''Oh yea, I'll show you''.

Fun trip! Much thanks to Mike for leading us through there! I never knew there were so many roads in and around Clayton. Brent did a great job getting those tires fixed, too. Can't wait to do it again and make a 2day trip w/camping.

That is such a cool area to go riding. I wish I was closer so I could ride there more often. Thanks for the pics!

Tourmeister said:
That is such a cool area to go riding. I wish I was closer so I could ride there more often. Thanks for the pics!

While it is a very long day trip, I am thankful that I have the oppurtinuity to be able to make it a day trip once and a while.

I am also happly that camping season is approching and we can play a little more.

ta2240 said:
Nice photos, Looks like yall had fun except for all the work you had to do.

The work just makes the day more rememberable. It is all fun!

Here are a few more. I always forget to get the camera out enough. I did aks the guys to remnd me this time. I think we put on about 96 miles and back tracked the same roads about 2 miles is all !!! What a grat time !!

Mike Green -- Billyji

HPIM0744_003.sized.jpg

HPIM0748_002.sized.jpg

HPIM0753_002.sized.jpg

Looks like you all had fun, I sure do miss that place. How was the state park? did you all rent that cabin or camp?
Edit: Never mind I just saw that it was a day trip...doh!

Clayton is a fun place to ride and camp. :clap:

Kudos to the OK dual sport group for introducing myself and Scooter to the beauty of SE OK.

I am going back september 30th in jeeps if anyone wants to see what the other side of clayton looks like

This was just a ride. Mike and i have been averaging about 3 days per month of dirt riding. The hardest was 3 foot of sand. I am glad I was on the KTM and not the MZ, I would have been stuck from the get go!

Teeds said:
Looks like y'all had fun ...

Nice KTM ;-)

I would switch off between that and the WR, with the stiff springs on the WR and the lightness of the KTM, I would blast through everything on the KTM. Man, I love the 200 KTM. I cannot wait to have Terra's back in action.

I need to speak to you about yours tonight. It hasn't been damaged, but it has been used, I cannot give it back without replacing some parts. So if you do not accept my offer of relacing some things (stickers at least), i am going to be forced to keep it until you to come up with a list!

Back