• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Highlands Tractor and Kawasaki

Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Massey
Who:
Highlands Tractor and Kawasaki
227 North Main
Highlands, Texas 77562

TEL: (281) 426-4216
1-800-757-7627
FAX: (281) 426-2059
i-sales@highlands-tractor-kawasaki.com

Info from the website:
Highlands Tractor and Kawasaki is the epitome of dedication and customer service. We are an authorized Kawasaki and Massey Ferguson full line distributor and have been rated #1 in both franchises for many years.

Company Profile
Family owned and operated since 1964.
2002 Texas Shootout Drag Racing Champions.
Top rated Massey Ferguson volume dealer.
Top rated Kawasaki volume dealer.
Authorized Massey Ferguson and Kawasaki service center.
Certified Technicians

Hours of Operation:
Monday Closed, Tuesday 08:00 AM - 6:00 PM, Wednesday 08:00 AM - 6:00 PM, Thursday 08:00 AM - 6:00 PM, Friday 08:00 AM - 6:00 PM, Saturday 09:00 AM - 6:00 PM, Sunday Closed

Category Types:
Lawn & Garden Equipment, Motorcycle Dealers, Motorcycle Parts, Motorcycle Repair, Lawn & Garden Retailers

Brands:
Kawasaki, Massey Ferguson, Echo, Snapper, Ferris, Texas Bragg, Perkins

Products and Services:
Parts, service, powersports

Purchase a 2007 KX 65 from them on 9/13/2006 and was very pleased with the deal and the dealership. I contacted all of the Houston area dealers and some from outside the Houston area but none came close to the price or were unwilling to discuss price over the phone or thru emails. I dealt with Chris and was given a price over the phone that was well below the three quotes I was able to pry out of the dealers that would give me a quote.

They had a pretty good selection of bikes on the show room floor, KX's KLR's and them Ninja things along with several or should I say a bunch of quads. Also was given the chance to see a new line of bikes they may be selling here real soon. I don't know if they have finalized the dealership agreement on the other line of bikes so I won't list those at this time.

I'll finish this by saying, if I'm in the market for any of the products they carry, I will contact them again.

Jay61 said:

Yeppers. I thougt the KLX250S was the only dual sport Kawasaki imported in that size range.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Dual-purpose motorcycles were introduced in the United States nearly 30 years ago, quickly becoming popular because of their light weight, simplicity and ability to travel off the beaten path. For motorcyclists who are explorers at heart, the Kawasaki KLR250 still offers those same attributes today, with a modern, fuel-efficient engine and a lightweight chassis.

The KLR250 is powered by a four-stroke, single-cylinder liquid-cooled engine with dual overhead cams operating four valves for superior performance. Double engine counter balancers keep the power plant running smooth from idle to redline, and an automatic cam chain tensioner keeps precise timing without maintenance.

The frame for the KLR250 is made of the same high-tech, high-tensile steel used in Kawasaki's world-class KX motocross machines. A detachable, lightweight aluminum rear subframe simplifies maintenance by providing access to the airbox, carburetor and rear shock.

The KLR250 features an air adjustable front fork and Kawasaki's UNI-TRAK® rear suspension, providing more than nine inches of travel at both ends to smooth the ride. The latter features adjustable spring preload and rebound damping. Helping to maintain good traction on pavement or dirt roads, the KLR250's wheels are shod with universal tires, while a single front disc brake and rear drum brake help to ensure smooth, powerful stops.

Second the plug for Highlands! I had a serious problem with a valve adjuster that had backed itself out due not being properly torqued when the 500-mile service had been performed (elsewhere). This caused valve damage that would have been very expensive to repair. The service manager was very supportive and went to bat for me with Kawasaki who covered all repairs under warranty, even though the damage was not a defect, but most likely negligent work by another 'K' dealership. Highlands went so far as to say that since the warranty work would include things that were part of my 6,000 mile service, I would only have to pay a small amount for parts not covered.

Their owner is a very enthusiast motorcyclist. My experience with them has been very positive, to the point where I'm spending a little more than I need to on tires just to further my business relationship with them.

Last time I was in there, they had a red '06 KLR and a new black '07 that I was eyeing. They also had all three color choices on the awesome ZX-14.

I would not hesitate to check them out if you're in the market for a Kawasaki, or a new tractor/mower.

Advertisement over.

Back