• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

PR for a little girl

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Tamez
We attended the Tarrant Co meet n greet tonight and while there, my wife got a call from the couple she use to nanny for.

Dr. checked their daughter, Grace, 7YOA, after not recovering from pneumonia and found a tumor in one of her lungs. They don't think it is cancer but it is serious enough that they are operating tomorrow morning @ 9am.

Please pray that surgery will go well, the biopsy will return negative, and that Grace can recover quickly. Also please pray for the rest of the family - Wes n Kathy and Graces' brother, Collin.

My wife is a little upset since she was a nanny for them when she was born up until Grace was 5 years old.

Thanks, Chris

its just not fair that the little ones get the bad stuff too :(

I'll certainly keep Grace and her family in prayer

Well the surgery went pretty well. They went thru side and ribs to get to tumor. Apparently the lung has 3 lobes and they took one out?

She'll be in hospital till Sun. and then be at home for a week before heading back to school. We'll see what biopsy shows.

Thanks for your prayers.

sharkey said:
Well the surgery went pretty well. They went thru side and ribs to get to tumor. Apparently the lung has 3 lobes and they took one out?

She'll be in hospital till Sun. and then be at home for a week before heading back to school. We'll see what biopsy shows.

Thanks for your prayers.

Although unusual in children, a lobectomy is fairly common in adults, especially among those with a history of smoking. I bet that little gal bounces back super fast and is as good as new. Prayers continuing...

Back