• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DS report for Dirty PIE-Brenham

dbdolan

Inactive Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Dolan
It was good to see everyone, I had a blast. I did 250 miles and most of it was dirt on the way to Brenham for some dirty pie:eat:

DirtpierunBrenham.jpg

It was a little foggy leaving the house heading to Montgomery to meet up with Desmo, Loanstud, and Bushwhacker.

DirtyPieRuntoBrenham9-30-06002.jpg

Here is the gang waiting in Montgomery. Bushwacker is bikeless right now so he followed us in his Jeep.

DirtyPieRuntoBrenham9-30-06004.jpg

I took a bunch of photo's and you know me I have to post everyone I took, not just a few but the whole bunch. Here is my ugly mug.....

DirtyPieRuntoBrenham9-30-06007.jpg

Desmo and Loanstud

DirtyPieRuntoBrenham9-30-06008.jpg

Bushwacker is ready to get his Jeep a little dusty...

DirtyPieRuntoBrenham9-30-06009.jpg

DirtyPieRuntoBrenham9-30-06011.jpg

DirtyPieRuntoBrenham9-30-06013.jpg

DirtyPieRuntoBrenham9-30-06015.jpg

DirtyPieRuntoBrenham9-30-06017.jpg

DirtyPieRuntoBrenham9-30-06018.jpg

DirtyPieRuntoBrenham9-30-06020.jpg

DirtyPieRuntoBrenham9-30-06021.jpg

Made it to Brenham for pie :eat:

DirtyPieRuntoBrenham9-30-06024.jpg

DirtyPieRuntoBrenham9-30-06022.jpg

DirtyPieRuntoBrenham9-30-06025.jpg

DirtyPieRuntoBrenham9-30-06027.jpg

Desmo(Steve) and Loanstud(Scott) are you sure that was ice tea ya'll are drinking?? You all look lit up.:rofl:

DirtyPieRuntoBrenham9-30-06028.jpg

The Squeakster....she was going to ride the dirt route with us but she got the better offer;-) JUst Kidding....

DirtyPieRuntoBrenham9-30-06029.jpg

DirtyPieRuntoBrenham9-30-06030.jpg

DirtyPieRuntoBrenham9-30-06033.jpg

DirtyPieRuntoBrenham9-30-06034.jpg

Saaaweet BMW who's is it?

DirtyPieRuntoBrenham9-30-06035.jpg

DirtyPieRuntoBrenham9-30-06036.jpg

DirtyPieRuntoBrenham9-30-06037.jpg

DirtyPieRuntoBrenham9-30-06038.jpg

The Dual Sport crowd representing:zen:

DirtyPieRuntoBrenham9-30-06039.jpg

DirtyPieRuntoBrenham9-30-06040.jpg

DirtyPieRuntoBrenham9-30-06041.jpg

DirtyPieRuntoBrenham9-30-06042.jpg

DirtyPieRuntoBrenham9-30-06043.jpg

Rgatling and his pie for the road...

DirtyPieRuntoBrenham9-30-06044.jpg

Squeaky getting a ride on TXMedic's new ride.

DirtyPieRuntoBrenham9-30-06045.jpg

DirtyPieRuntoBrenham9-30-06048.jpg

DirtyPieRuntoBrenham9-30-06050.jpg

KLR talk, I just know it....Loanstud and Tourmeister.

DirtyPieRuntoBrenham9-30-06053.jpg

Well after the pie Tourmeister hooked up with us for some more exploring on the way back east.

DirtyPieRuntoBrenham9-30-06054.jpg

DirtyPieRuntoBrenham9-30-06057.jpg

DirtyPieRuntoBrenham9-30-06055.jpg

DirtyPieRuntoBrenham9-30-06058.jpg

DirtyPieRuntoBrenham9-30-06060.jpg

DirtyPieRuntoBrenham9-30-06061.jpg

DirtyPieRuntoBrenham9-30-06062.jpg

DirtyPieRuntoBrenham9-30-06063.jpg

DirtyPieRuntoBrenham9-30-06064.jpg

DirtyPieRuntoBrenham9-30-06065.jpg

DirtyPieRuntoBrenham9-30-06066.jpg

DirtyPieRuntoBrenham9-30-06067.jpg

DirtyPieRuntoBrenham9-30-06068.jpg

We made it over to Lake Somerville for some ATV rutted up trail action.

DirtyPieRuntoBrenham9-30-06070.jpg

DirtyPieRuntoBrenham9-30-06071.jpg

Loanstud getting his blinged out KLR dirty....

DirtyPieRuntoBrenham9-30-06072.jpg

DirtyPieRuntoBrenham9-30-06073.jpg

DirtyPieRuntoBrenham9-30-06074.jpg

Taking a water break

DirtyPieRuntoBrenham9-30-06075.jpg

DirtyPieRuntoBrenham9-30-06076.jpg

DirtyPieRuntoBrenham9-30-06077.jpg

DirtyPieRuntoBrenham9-30-06078.jpg

DirtyPieRuntoBrenham9-30-06079.jpg

DirtyPieRuntoBrenham9-30-06080.jpg

DirtyPieRuntoBrenham9-30-06083.jpg

DirtyPieRuntoBrenham9-30-06087.jpg

Good times...good times....I have a bad case of Monkey Butt right now...must go find the anti monkey butt powder.:lol2:

More like King Kong butt... yeesh! I was hurting! The lack of riding is making me go soft... :oops: I'll try to get my pics up soon. Had a great time though!!

Nicely done Brian. :clap: What's your secret on holding onto the camera & taking action shots down the road?

Snoopster said:
Nicely done Brian. :clap: What's your secret on holding onto the camera & taking action shots down the road?
I get the camera positoned in my tank bag so I just have to hit the power button and slip the lanyard around my wrist then you have to just aim the camera and somehow hit the button to take the picture. Most of them come out blurry so I always take a couple shots of the same angle, then I have a few that are usable. I then toss the camera back in my tank bag and it will power itself off after a few minutes.

dbdolan said:
I get the camera positoned in my tank bag so I just have to hit the power button and slip the lanyard around my wrist then you have to just aim the camera and somehow hit the button to take the picture. Most of them come out blurry so I always take a couple shots of the same angle, then I have a few that are usable. I then toss the camera back in my tank bag and it will power itself off after a few minutes.

Thanks for the tips.:-P I remember one time following Beth & Scott from Kerrville down a dirt road. I was going to take a pic of them but when I tried to get the camera ready the latch for the battery had come open, therefore the lens wouldn't retract. I finally got it together, took my pic but then my tank bag had velcroed shut, I was coming up to a curve where I needed to down shift but my hands were full. Somehow I managed to get the camera put up & was okay. Thank goodness the cattle in the open range didn't interfere. I guess I really need to pick my location for a more favorable environment.:rolleyes:

Snoopster said:
Thanks for the tips.:-P I remember one time following Beth & Scott from Kerrville down a dirt road. I was going to take a pic of them but when I tried to get the camera ready the latch for the battery had come open, therefore the lens wouldn't retract. I finally got it together, took my pic but then my tank bag had velcroed shut, I was coming up to a curve where I needed to down shift but my hands were full. Somehow I managed to get the camera put up & was okay. Thank goodness the cattle in the open range didn't interfere. I guess I really need to pick my location for a more favorable environment.:rolleyes:

One thing I will do when I know I want to take pictures on the move is I replaced my wrist lanyard with a neck lanyard and hang the camera around my neck inside my jacket. I can unzip enough to get it out, then zip up again once it goes back in. Sometimes I will do it like Bryan does, but I have to make sure I turn it off. Just a thought. Geo

Georgiapeach said:
One thing I will do when I know I want to take pictures on the move is I replaced my wrist lanyard with a neck lanyard and hang the camera around my neck inside my jacket. I can unzip enough to get it out, then zip up again once it goes back in. Sometimes I will do it like Bryan does, but I have to make sure I turn it off. Just a thought. Geo

Thanks Georgia,

On our 4B&M trip, Erik made a strap for me that I wore around my neck. My winter jacket had nice hand warmer pockets that I could zip the camera into easily.

That looks like fun Brian,give me a shout next time.Probably have some tires I can swap for the road.Done most of that with my wife during blue bonnet season[don't tell the dirt guys].

GREASEMONKEY said:
That looks like fun Brian,give me a shout next time.Probably have some tires I can swap for the road.Done most of that with my wife during blue bonnet season[don't tell the dirt guys].
What do you mean...we were on dirt roads for the most part all the way up there. You don't need no stinkin' road tires:lol2:

I'll watch the post and give it a shot.Just keep in mind I'm allergic to asphalt.My knobbies too.:rider:

Nice report Bryan, always look forward to your photos and report. :clap:

dbdolan said:

Alex and I were riding there one day and was watching 4 or 3 trials riders back behind where that truck is parked. Actually that truck appears to be parked at the same spot they had their truck. We were getting a drink of water when they came back to load up their bikes, was fun watching the first rider load his bike with the tail gate still UP. :eek2: The second rider must not have been as good, he lowered the tail gate before hopping his bike into the back of it.

NIce, I have yet to see someone ride a trials bike in person. I have seen a bunch of videos, they can do some amazing stuff with them. Having a trials bike back there would be fun, that place was nothing but ruts from all the 4 wheelers.

Back