PDA

View Full Version : DS ride in Clayton 9/30/06

FirstMan
10-02-2006, 09:38 AM
I saw yall there, post up who went and who broke.

I never did get your name, but nice meeting you (green KLR with Green Shirt)

Adam

Monty
10-02-2006, 10:12 PM
Hey Adam

That was me on the green KLR, also me who broke.I rode up on Fri and rode that afternoon and Sat Morning, then met up with Greengoose and Backspinn for some good riding in the hills. It was on the way back that I crashed out and broke the rear brake mounting bracket and bent the linkage, so no more rear brakes. :doh: Made the ride home on Sun interesting.

It was good to meet you, too. Lets do a ride sometime.

Monty

FirstMan
10-03-2006, 11:13 AM
I knew I could get you to post up! No more lurking.

How do you feel? We had another friend do a similar thing a few weeks ago at big bend and he broke his shoulder blade. Just making sure you are not in the same shape.

I hope to get to ride with you next time, and I know that I am going to trailer the bike behind the jeep next time I am in Clyaton!

Monty
10-03-2006, 04:50 PM
OK, no more lurking.

I'm still a litle sore. Maybe the shoulder blade is bruised. Mostly just hurts when I laugh:lol2: Good thing I had the pressure suit or it would have been worse.

Hoping to get the bike back up next week, maybe hit the OK dualsport rally the 13-15th.

greengoose
10-03-2006, 06:03 PM
Hey Adam, we passed a couple of nice jeeps comming down the hill into the state park sunday was that you? Looked like they were having to much fun

greengoose
10-03-2006, 06:06 PM
Monty we finally found the trail that goes in the back of Pushmata WMA sunday the steps were a blast. Hope your back on the road by the 13th, theres a guy on KLR650.net whos parting one out if you havent already found one.

Monty
10-03-2006, 08:33 PM
Hey Dennis, I was looking at the gps tracks, looks like the trail we turned around on was only a short distance away from intersecting the step trail if we had kept going.

Pulled the master cylinder apart today and was able to get the linkage straightened out, at least good enough for now. EagleMike is supposed to have the brake brackets ready towards the end of the week. He offered to loan me a stocker if needed, so I should be able to make it.

FirstMan
10-04-2006, 09:59 AM
Hey Adam, we passed a couple of nice jeeps comming down the hill into the state park sunday was that you? Looked like they were having to much fun

I was in a yellow jeep, there was a black cheeroke with us too. If that is who you saw, thanks, it is a great street jeep;-)

McLeod
10-04-2006, 03:25 PM
Hoping to get the bike back up next week, maybe hit the OK dualsport rally the 13-15th.

Sweet hope to see you there. I'll be up there thursday evening.:rider: