• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Thanks, Gordon!!

Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Edwards
Did something stupid a few weeks ago. Wasn't paying attention, let my mind wander a bit, and lost the keys to my bike! Yes, it was the only set. I had picked up a couple of blanks only a few days before, but I needed to find a locksmith that would cut a steel key.

Anyhow, I had to order a new ignition key from BMW. That came in pretty quick, but I had one other problem. The top case was locked to my bike. BMW could not help there. "You'll just have to drill out the lock". With that top case on, I could not get the seat off, so there was no access to the battery, and other parts of hte bike I would need to get to if there was a problem on the road. No way I was going to be riding far like that.

I got on the phone looking for a locksmith. I ended up going to Gordon Safes and Lock. I have nothing but nice things to say about Gordon. He had some BMW blanks and was able to make a new key for my top case in about 20 minutes. Once he had the "master" made, he cut me two copies, and a spare ignition key.

Folks, Gordon was great. :clap: He knw what he was doing, and he was a real pleasure to deal with. He's on the NW side. Give him a call if you ever need a locksmith.

http://www.houstonlocksmith.com/index.html

Back