PDA

View Full Version : Intercoms? who has them, what type and how well do they work

Tx Rider
05-11-2004, 12:27 AM
I've been thinking about grabbing a bike to bike intercom, well 2 actually so if I ride with a buddy I have one for each of us. Battery powered portable seem like a good way to go.

So far it seems to be autocom for the best setup, any of you folks have any experience with this stuff?

Tourmeister
05-11-2004, 01:22 AM
http://www.twtex.com/viewtopic.php?t=1158

Tank
05-16-2004, 10:19 AM
Autocomm is by far the top of the line but have you priced them???? For me to get bike to bike with everything I needed right at $1300.
:eek:

I've been thinking about grabbing a bike to bike intercom, well 2 actually so if I ride with a buddy I have one for each of us. Battery powered portable seem like a good way to go.

So far it seems to be autocom for the best setup, any of you folks have any experience with this stuff?

mcridercoach
09-03-2004, 03:06 PM
Motocomm Audioboss. It is probably the least expensive but works great. I road with my wife and we could talk fairly easily at highway speeds. We did have to speak up a little because we were wearing ear plugs. I also used it plugged into my cell phone and FRS and tested both out. No problems. Mine came with a faulty push-to-talk but they are sending me a replacement. It comes with two and since my wife didn't need it, I used the other. You can also plug in a music device. Only problem I had was the low/med/high voice adjustment and the wind keying the mic causing the music to fade. This happened above about 60 mph.

It comes with everything you need and costs between $150 and $175. I use a flip face helment and haven't figured a good way to run the cable for the mic. I was unable to use the open face helmet mic because the boom wasn't long enough but I'm told longer ones are available.

Either way, I am very happy with the performance.
Jay