• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Dail's (zukiyama01) Dad dies in accident

Gilk51

Reaction score
First Name
Charles ("Chuck")
Last Name
Gibke
One of our regular Tarrant County Tuesday night attenders, Dail, is on his way back to California due to the death of his Dad. His Dad was riding his electric scooter and apparently pulled into the path of a young gal and was killed. The interesting thing is that he was 96 years old! (Dail is 73)

Rich (Simmons1) talked to Dail about it and may be able to add some details. Dail and his Dad must have been out of the same mold because they both have been avid riders for a long time. The Dad was supposedly "out for a ride for a couple of hours".

It was a sad event but encouraging that Dail's Dad didn't suffer. He definately had a good, long run. It would have been interesting to see if he would have been going as strong at 106...

Please pray for Dail and his family and also that young woman who is going to have to live with this even though it was not her fault.

Prayers sent for Dail and family. I've always heard that riding will keep you young, and here's proof.

donroger1 said:
How was Dail traveling?
I am pretty sure that he is flying - if I remember correctly, his wife works for one of the airlines so he is able to fly that way. He said that he tried to visit his Dad every couple of months...

Sad to hear it :(

I'll add Dail and family to the prayer list.

Back