• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Outlaw Trax 10-29-06

Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Massey
Mopower and I decided we needed some seat time and thought this would be a great weekend for it. The original plans were to make one loop of the property to enjoy being out on such a great day and then make a second photo loop of the property to post a few pictures of areas that have not been posted yet. Well it didn't work out that way so you will have to use your imagination.

The trail were in near perfect condition, traction out the wahzoo and the temperature was near perfect. Started out by making a few passes up and down the drag strip to get the bikes warm and ready to hit the trails. Hooked up with a possible new member and his son to show them around a little. We had made about a half a mile when they decided it would probably be best if since we had them on the trails that they work it at their own pace, his son is new to trails and they wanted to just take it slow and easy to get him used to the creeks and trees. We took off on a quicker loop to let them ride at their own pace and not feel pressured to keep up.

Like I said the traction was great and for a lot of the loop I felt like I was riding a unicycle. I was sitting on the gas tank a few times trying to keep the front wheel down. Notice I said trying, it didn't work coming out of a few of the corners cause the bike would hook up and set sail. Mopower had what looked like a rooster tail from a speed boat flying behind him. Only difference it was dirt and cow patties or meadow muffins. What little I saw of him ahead of me was as he was pulling away after stopping to make sure I took the same trail he did. He had his bike on the pipe for most of the loop and was flying. There was a couple of mud holes that couldn't be avoided and on a couple of them he seemed to be just skimming the surface. I on the other hand wasn't as lucky and was hitting them pretty hard with the rear wheel. For the most part I was able to get the traction to loft the front wheel and cross the mud hole that way. Most of the creek crossings were dry and caused no problems or the need to detour around them. We put in about 10 miles on the first loop to give me a chance to get used to riding again. The last time I had been out there to ride was our little dirt day when we (Bryan) had "Pigs" flying.

We headed back to the camp ground for some much need liquid replacements when we met up with the father and son again out at the MX Track. The four of us then headed back to the camp ground and met up with a couple more riders wanting to make another loop. One of the riders we met up with was the rider that lead the group ride the day the "Pigs" flew.

Well it seems like my plans to take pictures were changed at this point. The son decided he just wanted to ride around the MX track and take it easy so his Dad went out on the loop with us again. The dad had raced with us at our race earlier this year at Outlaw so he was getting a chance to see some of the property that was not in the race course.

We were hitting some of my favorite sections and having a blast. Got to see Mopower do his Travis Pastrana imitation, sorta. We were in Three Mile Creek, the tops of the banks were over our heads and making for a fun section. The lead rider hit a rut coming up out of the creek and the bike stuck there. Mopower decided to go around him so he could get to the top and walk back down to assist getting the bike out of the rut and that's when the "fun" started. He hit the bank and was just about out of it when the bike really hooked up. We all watched as he and the bike was starting the near perfect form back flip. :eek2: Realizing this was going to hurt or at least leave a big mark, the threw the bike ahead and fell back into the creek. The bike continued to make about a 200 degree back flip and landed on top of the creek bank, well most of the bike was on the top. It took four of us to pull the bike the rest of the way to the top. After getting the two bikes up and out of the way the three of us still in the creek now knew the lines not to take and we made it out without any problems. Most of the rest of the loop went about the same, great traction, creek crossings that were a blast to enter and exit, tight woods sections and a few high speed areas. :clap:

When we finished the loop it was nearing dark and we were completely wore out. What else can I say other than man we had a blast. :dude:

The only thing that could have made it a little better day would have been more riders and maybe 15 degrees cooler.

Back