• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Paul "buck000" Rogers, Round Rock, TX

Reaction score
Hi, everybody.

I started this addiction only a little less than 3 years ago, with an '81 CX500, which I enjoyed until the Futura totally captivated me. I now have a couple of fun bikes:

backright.jpg

I can quit any time I want. :angel: ;-) :-P

Where is the mud? Can you get some pics of the DR hanging off a cliff?Ditchmeister needs goals hehe.

Ditchmeister... :rofl

My bike is filthy :dude:

Adios,

No mud yet, esp. on the DR. I'm such a newbie at the Dual Purpose stuff, and still only a novice at riding in general... :shock:

I would start with gravel roads for your initial stints into the world of off road riding. There you can play with the limited traction part of off road riding without getting into too much trouble.

Nice looking bikes. Not sure how far I would want to ride the DR on the road, but it sure looks like it would be a lot better off road than the GS.

buck000 said:

SURE you can! ;-)

Nice habit, I mean "stable" you've got started there. :chug:

Buck, I must come sit on your DR. Seriously considering one.

mrr1150gs said:
I would start with gravel roads for your initial stints into the world of off road riding. There you can play with the limited traction part of off road riding without getting into too much trouble.

That's my plan. I'll leave the hard-core stuff to the experts... The DR has such a different feel from the Futura that I've gotta be careful. I've already dumped it going through a slimy puddle, doh! :oops:

Nice looking bikes. Not sure how far I would want to ride the DR on the road, but it sure looks like it would be a lot better off road than the GS.

It's actually kind of nice on the road, though there's a quite a bit of noise from the tires. Decently stable, though.

I just wish I had more time to ride either bike these days... :roll:

Seeing that bike makes me burn for the trail... images of trees whizzing by my 'bars...

Looks way too clean though, that's just not right. I think some dirt, scratches and dents are in order...

I agree, Casey. In my first 15 miles of riding, I did manage to bend a bar-end, bust a turn signal, bend the brake pedal, and scratch the exhaust, but I don't think that's what you're talking about... ;-)

buck000 said:

And who are you trying to kid, yourself maybe :twisted:

Always nice to see the 'Pril again Paul but I really like the DR. Hope you are getting a chance to get out on it more.

buck000 said:
I agree, Casey. In my first 15 miles of riding, I did manage to bend a bar-end, bust a turn signal, bend the brake pedal, and scratch the exhaust, but I don't think that's what you're talking about... ;-)

Well now, what were the turn signals doing on there in the first place?

First lesson: Turn signals, mirrors, reflectors, etc. are trail litter...

Before you lose those mirrors to a tree, I'd take them off before you get on the trail, or get some Acerbis folding mirrors.

Hehe, if I hit a tree any time soon, it's because of major pilot error while riding a county road...!

buck000 said:
Hehe, if I hit a tree any time soon, it's because of major pilot error while riding a county road...!

Yea, well, if Scott (or "Ditchmeister") can do it.....':rofl'

If you're looking for someone to explore county roads with, let me know, I'm in Leander.

Thanks for the offer, Casey, once I get a few miles behind on my own, I'll give you a shout...

:tab Hey now! I did not hit a tree!! I missed everything and went in the ditch instead :-P Those little trees were just in the way so I could not move the bike out of the ditch! I need to strap a machette to the bike and mount a winch as well.

Adios,

Okay, okay. I'll give you this one, but just wait a few days.... that beast could take out an oak!! (without you attached, of course). Now apologize to those poor, helpless little trees....

Back