• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Presidio County Courthouse, Marfa, TX

3D02

Reaction score
100-0037_IMG.jpg

Is that an old original that has been refurbished, or is it a new one made to look like an older one?

I couldn't tell ya. I was standing in front of the old theater, took the picture, then walked back to the Paisano hotel. I wanted to explore but didn't have time.

This is restored. I was out there in 2000 when it was being worked on. In fact, I stayed in the Paisano before it was restored. Marfa has undergone quite a change in the last decade.

Tourmeister said:
Is that an old original that has been refurbished, or is it a new one made to look like an older one?

Complete and total historical restoration, inside and out. Marfa and Presidio County is justifiably proud. Marfa is turning into quite the hangout. The Thunderbird joined the El Paisano Hotel with swanky offerings. Donald Judd arrival in the early 70's put Marfa on the "must see" list for artists. I wish I had been smart enough to have bought a place there back then.

My wife still has a hard time thinking of Marfa as a place "to go" for anyone. She has family in Marfa and grew up going there as a kid so to see it as anything else is hard for her.

Back