• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Riders Resource Cruise Controls

Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Last Friday I got a box in the mail, opened it and discovered that it was a new cruise control for my RT. So Saturday morning I opened it up, read the instruction and began removing the plastic.

After installing the cables to the throttle plates I discovered that sometimes one or both chains would hang up on the throttle stop plate leaving one or both throttle bodies 1/4 or more open. :eek2: The instruction suggested that the mounting brackets may need "adjusting" to prevent hanging the throttle open. While making an "adjustment" a welded nut on the bracket popped off.

That was it, I was not going to have something as dangerous as this product was and poor quality on my bike. I removed everything, boxed it back up and emailed the dealership (BMW) that it was very dangerous and poorly constructed product.

So, today I shipped it out and now we will see if they honor their 7 day 100% satisfied return policy.

Stay away from Riders Resource LLC Cruise Control units.:thumbd: :thumbd: :thumbd:
www.ridersresourcellc.com is no longer a working site.

I will follow up on the grade for the dealership on their customer service and return policy.

12/10/06 Update:
They acknowledged that they received the unit on the 29th. The person I was dealing with stated that he had no idea that the product was that poor quality and stated that he would give me a refund and again requested my CC number which I did to credit my account.
I have followed up with 3 different phone calls, each time having to leave a message with the person I have been dealing with in this issue, no calls have been returned.
As of this date I have only received a promise to refund the cost of the unit. I emailed my contact yesterday that I wanted this refund by the 13th. or I would go to his supervisor and or the management of the business.

This is a BMW dealership and the customer grade if falling fast.

Last edited:
Finally got my refund Friday.
So the dealer, BMW of Tampa Bay did stand by their word. A bit slow but they did give the refund.
Now that Cruise Control....***.

I've heard good things about the Audiovox cruise control. It's marketed for cars but have known/heard several riders put them on bikes with great success.

I installed an electonic servo CC unit in my FJR, a friend uses the Audiovox in his FJR and it works fine, and I'm currently installing an Audiovox in my '04 R1.

The Audiovox has a reputation for being smooth and predictable. The electronic servo unit I installed on my FJR hunted a bit and was twice as expensive as the Audiovox. That's why I'm switching to the Audiovox for the R1.

Rich (Simmons1) has put them (AudioVox) on two of his bikes - Honda ST1300 and 'saki ZX-11. He bought them from Murph's Kits since they include a vacuum can.

He talks about installation here.

Rich (Simmons1) has put them (AudioVox) on two of his bikes - Honda ST1300 and 'saki ZX-11. He bought them from Murph's Kits since they include a vacuum can.

He talks about installation here.

As Chuck mentioned above, both my installs work great. A couple things to remember though.

Since the unit is designed for a car, the keypad is not water proof and needs to be sealed.

The hardest part of the install in messing with the brackets to get everything working smoothly with out allowing the chain to hang up. If you think about is they all have to use a chain.

MC Cruise makes some nice plug and play systems but the are expensive.

http://www.mccruise.com/

+1 on McCruise... it's expensive, but everything is tailored for your bike. If you have ANY questions or problems, they will come thru for you!

Back