• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

One more from Austin

Reaction score
Hi All!
Just wanted to drop in and say hi! My name is Louis. I live here in Austin and currently ride a 2003 Yamaha R1...although thanks to IronDawg's little adventure a BMW R1150 or 1200GS may be in my near future. *must fight the urge* :twisted:

I have been lurking here on this board for a few weeks now and have to say I have been impressed with the members here. Granted I have not been here long and have read only a handful of posts, but I do not recall any flaming, just a lot friendly advice and support.

Anyway...It's a great place you have going here TourMeister and I am proud to be a new member here!

Louis

Howdy Louis,

:tab Thanks for the kind words. However, it is really more a credit to our members than to me :bow: I have not had to spank anyone for misbehaving ;-) To date, they have been very well mannered on their own!

:tab Have you ridden with Irondawg yet, or just read "The Big Trip"?

Adios,

Grandmaster said:
I do not recall any flaming,

But now you're here :angryfir:

Just kidding!

Welcome aboard fellow Austinite. Maybe if we arrange to watch MotoGP races where someone actually shows them :angel: you can come by!

Daryl

Tourmeister said:
Howdy Louis,

:tab Have you ridden with Irondawg yet, or just read "The Big Trip"?

Adios,

No I have not ridden with him. I have a friend that kept talking about getting a big BMW, and talked about a friend of his that has one and rode to Cancun. But for the most part it fell on deaf ears. I guess I had just not ever heard anything good about Dual Purpose bikes, and I figured that BMW was an even bigger dual purpose bike! I have been wanting to do some touring and have been thinking about trying to make the R1 a little more comfy for long rides or maybe trading it in for a FJR. Then I was in need of a pair of riding boots and a tank bag and Lone Star BMW was the only SIDI dealer in town so I went by there. This really was the first time I ever got up close to a BMW bike and I was definitely thinking "cool bikes... :eek: **** they are pricey!". Then I read "The Big Trip". Then I read your ride report with John and Bill out to Big Bend. Read a few more ride reports and man...now I have the bug. I spent a few weeks in Wyoming for work last year and I started thinking "Well I am not sure if I am ready for Mexico, but exploring Wyoming and all those dirt roads would be pretty cool...**** I could start just exploring Texas!" So here I am now...where it will take me I just don't know. Actually I told my buddy that I am going to go on an internet strike! I am to impressionable!

**** you and this site!!!! :-)

Louis

uberhawk said:
Welcome aboard fellow Austinite. Maybe if we arrange to watch MotoGP races where someone actually shows them :angel: you can come by!

Daryl

Thanks for the welcome...fellow Austinite(kinda)! :lol: I would definitely go watch some MotoGP. Let me know!

Louis

Gee Louis,

:tab I guess you should not go here and read any of their ride reports :shrug: :twisted:

Adios,

Tourmeister said:
Gee Louis,

:tab I guess you should not go here and read any of their ride reports :shrug: :twisted:

Adios,

Adventure pusher!! :-D You know... :twisted: ...a good pusher gives out free samples to get a person hooked...how about lending me that purdy new 1150 of yours :twisted: it just might get me hooked!

Louis

Grandmaster said:
...a good pusher gives out free samples to get a person hooked...how about lending me that purdy new 1150 of yours
Louis, I don't think it gets that cold in Texas! :lol:

However, on the subject of Beemers: they make a fine bike (he said, without bias) and you can frequently score good used, late-model, low-mileage BMWs for decent prices. Fine as they are, they just don't hold their resale value like they should. Great for you, but not so much for the guy selling. :roll:

Back